Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Orange X9
  • snotrag

Just landed in my inbox

Orange X9

Weirdly I quite like it. No doubt very expensive spec-for-spec comapred to some other options.

I reckon they should probably do a rigid option too as the little stumpy Fox 32 is maybe a step too close to a mountainbike for me, I’m undecided.

matt_outandabout

The 1992 Aluminium O just called. It wants is frame back.

davea37

Isn’t the RX9 the rigid option?

mmcd

I was considering a Lauf, this maybe a better option.

the-muffin-man

Do a rigid version with a Flex-Stem and I’m sold! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jacqui Phelan.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I was considering a Lauf, this maybe a better option.

When I saw snotrags pic, I laufed out loud. Are we getting into the realms of making bikes people were riding 30 years ago now?

ElShalimo

I’m a bit late here but that looks like the bike most of us will end up riding and a very high smiles per mile ratio

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Things do go full circle. That saying, I loved my original RX9 (remember “The Thing” video?)
    I guess nowadays gravel bikes have sorted geometry, decent brakes, good frames, bearings that last, strong wheels etc…so we aint doing too bad compared to 25 yrs ago.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

Is that a toy troll sticking out the top of her helmet?

johnnystorm

Yep, certainly looks like it! 👍

LimboJimbo

Bibs over jersey, paired with a weightlifters belt. Strong look.

roverpig

And toe loops 😮

I put some chunkier tyres on my gravel bike at the weekend so took it to some rougher trails. It was fun but I couldn’t help thinking it would be more fun with a bit of squish at the front. But that’s what the MTB is for. It’s all just bikes though. They are all a compromise and the X9 is no better or worse a compromise than any other I guess.

velocipede
    Free Member

Warning: Stealth Ad!

I have one of these for sale – medium with upgraded wheels (Hunt Gravel Wide 700c, tubeless Gravel Kings), and cockpit (bars, stem, seatpost) – will also inc a pair of brand new SKS Veloflex guards, fitted but unused

Let me know if any interest – it’s in mint condition and the new wheels are a huge improvement over the stock wheels

GolfChick
    Free Member

That’s about as stealth and when you see guys walking round Tesco in camo jackets, yep I can still see them!

ElShalimo

I’m quite surprised that Hunt Gravel Wide 700s fit into a 1992 Aluminium O frame.
    Got any photos?

velocipede
    Free Member

Actually I think they would @ElShalimo

Just need the qr inserts and…..

velocipede
    Free Member

@GolfChick – no harm in trying tho! 😁

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Orange X9’ is closed to new replies.