Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orange Stage
  • BIGMAN
    Free Member

Anyone out there own one of the new Orange Stages or Switch’s.

Debating downsizing my enduro sled to something a bit more playful and these are top of the list. Low maintenance and supposedly an engaging ride.

Any negatives?

mike2018
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden any of those, but remember the new stage 6 has an extremely loooooong chain stay, probably very far from playful.

robj20
    Free Member

I fancied a Stage 5 for a while, but it’s priced too high I think, comes close to some carbon bikes with much better suspension.

pothead
    Free Member

I know a lad (sponsored but not a pro) who had a demo of the stage 5 and 6, ended up going for the 5 as he said it was more fun. He said the 6 was better on really rough flat out trails but thought the 5 was better all rounder

breninbeener

If you PM Chapaking of this parish, he has a Stage 6 and wrote some reviews. He loves it.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Interested in the Switch6 as looks very much middle ground and probably more fun on the tougher wiggly stuff we ride.

Always liked single pivot on the past but ridden fancy multi pivot bikes for ages so having some doubts.

chakaping
    Free Member

Here’s my review of the Stage 6, mentioned above…

Review: Orange Stage 6

Wideopen just did a long-term review too, which reached a similar conclusion to me.

TL,DR…

It’s an awesome bike, fast, light and fun. It feels like it has less travel than it does. More long-travel trail bike than enduro sled. It does stiffen under braking, so demands a certain riding style. It’s very rewarding though.

Buzz on the Switch bike is very good, not tried it myself.

Some great deals on the S6 and S5 in certain sizes, but you need to size up really (as I did).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orange Stage’ is closed to new replies.