Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange content !
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

I am a huge Orange fan, i have 3, 2 x Hardtails and a 5 pro!, however, can someone please tell me the reason why they have 3 bikes in there range,what appears to be the same bike..

wtf, is the difference between, the Alpine5,the Gyro, and the new Segment…

Surely if anyone of us rode them back to back, they would feel very similar, so why have 3 bikes ???..

Or issit just me ?.

Lummox

the way i’ve seen it

alpine five = 29er 140 mm travel (monster truck)

segment = shorter travel hard hitting bike similar to above but same travel as below

Gyro = xc version of segment

roverpig

Similar to Lummox except I’m assuming that the Segment will replace the Gyro, which will be dropped once they’ve sold the few remaining frames, leaving just a long and a short travel 29er.

Northwind

Alpine 5 = actually just a 29er Five with a silly name. ****ing brilliant btw.
    Gyro = shorter travel trailbikey thing.
    Segment = probably new Gyro, unless they’ve gone mental.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I understand all that like, but to be fair, they’ll nearly all do the same job….wont they ????..

z1ppy

You could make a throw away comment like that about all bikes shirely?

PS: I quite fancy a Gyro (cheap/2nd hand) or a Segment, but the Alpine 5 (or any other long travel 29er) holds no interest to me.

Northwind

IMO Five will do everything the others do, others won’t do everything the Five will do. It depends how you feel about big bikes though, I reckon Orange got it really right with the Five, it’s a big ol beast but it’s also fun on simpler stuff. But you might not feel the same.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Ha I thought they had released another new model called the “content” I feel silly now

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange content !’ is closed to new replies.