Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange blood pivot bearings
  • goby

Are there any instructions for changing the bearings on the Blood? I cannot find any!

Also i cannot find any Blood specific pivot bearing kits?

Anyone able to help?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I asked the same question when I had a Blood – I couldn’t get them out! Ended up taking to LBS.

goby

Mmm ok that doesnt sound good.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Mine were impossible to get out. Turned out the frame was cracked in both front and rear triangles which didn’t help….

IIRC it’s a warranty item within a certain (probably expired now) timeframe. Take the frame to where you bought it and they may do the bearings gratis.

goby

Ah ok well got it from bromley bikes and they been good to me so will have a chat with them maybe go armed with cakes…

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Good call – I went into my LBS armed with a packet of cookies, helped a lot 🙂

goby

Was yours a green blood and cracked on the top tube shock mount pos?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

cracked on downtube and chainstays – orange replaced both under warranty (after a bit of a conversation). Bike’s long gone – was pinched 18 months ago.

but it was green, curiously….

goby

Ah its just was speaking to someone a while ago on here who sent me some pics of the cracks on theres (marked with biro) as i was a bit unsure on mine but was all ok in the end.
    Ah know gutted it got pinched! 🙁
    What you got now then?

goby

Just an update managed to do the lot, the pivot above the bottom bracket is just like the alpine, so remove bearing caps and knock the pivot tube through. Then just case of removing old bearing etc. phew!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange blood pivot bearings’ is closed to new replies.