Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Openreach question.
  • zippykona

My niece has just bought a brand new house.

It has a fibre cable going into it. Openreach say it’s a half hour job to fit the gubbins inside the house. Due to COVID they won’t do an inside job that takes more than 15 minutes.

My niece works for the NHS and now has to work from home.
    So are Openreach telling porkies?

Can they be made to fit the box as my niece is a key worker?

Can we pay a private company to do it.?

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Porkies.
    We had 2 openreach engineers in the house for an hour last Thursday, & the guy across the street had them in for over 2 hours.

DickBarton

They’ll be busy and looking to prioritise existing work/customers. Give them a phone and explain it all and hopefully you’ll get something agreed. I’d hope a key worker would get priority over someone who was only using it for gaming and couldn’t get a low enough lag time!

downdale

Definitely porkies – as above – priority will be given to existing customers with no service.Having said that order books have been reopened for new installs and the floodgates have opened.Also different service providers will tell you a different tale.As long as you convince the Engineer you haven’t had Covid or exhibit any of the symptoms you should be good.

mattyfez

It’s also a really simple DIY job inside the house, but it has to be done by an ‘engineer’ to tick the box.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Openreach question.’ is closed to new replies.