Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 798 total)
  • Oooh! Shiny. New site theme discussion. Bug Reports
  • Drac

Changing the setting makes no difference for me I’m afraid. Chrome android and chrome PC

Or me in my iPad. 😢

kelvin

Fine on my iPad.

Can switch between light and dark modes and both look good.

(EDIT: It’s a bit odd that the scrollable area is smaller than an iPad mini, on a stupid big 12.9” iPad.)

(EDIT: For tech peeps, you probably know this, but you could detect if the device is using dark mode or not, and display the site accordingly, rather than using a setting in the profile… or for perfect control add an extra setting… dark/light/automatic… where automatic leads to the site adopting the mode of the device when it can be determined.)

twistedpencil

Aye the top bar as it currently stands is going to make me more productive for my employer 🙁

Drac

Fine on my iPad.

Careful now you’ll be accused of not caring.

Cougar

No, but it is a new version, should we not expect the site width to improve a little?

It’s an initial release, I’m assuming that the goal of this stage is getting it all working with minimal changes. The more different it is, the more scope for problems.

(you work in software

I don’t, really.

reluctantjumper

Am getting a quirk where when reading on my mobile a page will load but I’m not able to scroll or tap ant links etc. A quick close down of the browser and re-opening sorts it. On Chrome if that helps, has done it 4-5 times in the last 20 mins.

kelvin

Careful now you’ll be accused of not caring.

😹

Never forget that many of us know you care, and appreciate all your time, care & attention.

Cougar

The pinned top bar was a complaint with a previous upgrade and the behaviour was subsequently changed. I’d guess that’s not a big ask.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

ok, you’ve got me, how do i open the home page?! if i click on anything homepageish, such as that big Singletrack up there, or that st logo on the left, i just get my user profile opening up?

Drac

Try this https://singletrackworld.com/

Clicking on the Singletrack txt in the menu bar works for me.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the singletrack banner link (top left) that should take me to the front page takes me to some nonsense about my profile being empty. (chrome on android 10,Huawei p30. Following drac’s link is the same outcome)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Can we hide the top bar?

Otherwise it’s bollocksed any stealth foruming at work

100% this.

It should be there at the top, hide whne you first scroll down, and stay hidden till you go back to the top.

Quotes working fine, as it always has. So that’s good.

I’d leave the top bar alone… Moar advertising innit.

Working all fine and dandy on IOS iPhone.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Try this https://singletrackworld.com/

Clicking on the Singletrack txt in the menu bar works for me.

Nope, just opens my (rather barren) user profile

exile_smoggy

None of the homepage links or entering the url were working for me either – kept getting to my empty profile. Logging out and logging back in and they’re working. They worked logged out too.

The “logout” page was blank which seemed a bit harsh – not tried it after logging out/in.

stumpy01

While not a problem, it’s a bit weird that the “Posted X minutes ago” note at the bottom of a post is in the same font size & colour as the main text body.
    And as far as I can see, only separated by one carriage return. It blends into the text, when really it should (IMO) be nearer the ‘reply/report’ symbols, which are a bit further away.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Liking it so far, big improvement.

The Search button expanded is fine but closed is showing the magnifying glass and text mushed up.
    stw search

Oops, just saw this was already posted, nvm.

jeffl

Another one with the lack of homepage issue. Just takes me to my barren profile. I’ll log out and back in again to see what effect it has.

Edit: That’s sorted it. So far I like. Quicker and it’s got rid of the annoying re-rendering issue on the forum summary which made link clicking a game of roulette.

Great work STW hamsters.

Edit 2: it’s back to taking me to my profile rather than the homepage now, but I see you’re working in it. Running Opera on Android if that’s any use.

Mark

if i click on anything homepageish, such as that big Singletrack up there, or that st logo on the left, i just get my user profile opening up?

Yup. That’s an annoying bug. We are on it.

Drac

Nope, just opens my (rather barren) user profile

Ok.

I had similar issues and then I couldn’t access anywhere on singletrack, clearing my cookies seems to have worked.

scotroutes

Lots of menu!

Not so much content

sirromj

Shouldn’t the dark theme be something that needs to be enabled by default? I don’t like having to login to disable it as I don’t usually bother to login unless I want to post. Or I suppose I could whitelist STW against autocookiedeletion.

roverpig

If I click on a user’s name it no longer gives me an option to contact them. Just sends me to my (now empty) list of messages. I’m trying to contact someone who contacted me last night, but (short of a paging post) I can’t see any way to do so.

Jordan

Where have I landed?

sargey2003

Me too

Oh and the reply thing is a bit odd – I was trying to reply to a post that was pinged someone back to their profile page – happening to me a lot.

Then it tells me (with a sad face) that my profile is a little empty, but the ability to edit it seems hidden somewhere I cannot find it (or make it work at least)

seosamh77
    Free Member

haha, never expected this, very nice! well done!

Northwind

It’s change and therefore I hate it

Drac

Shouldn’t the dark theme be something that needs to be enabled by default?

I think that one is down to preference.

bigblackshed

To block off the edge of what I want to look at. See the above pic.

Yeah, that’s clearly a bug. Safari I assume?

Does it work if you turn your pad around landscape?

Yep, Safari on iPad. Although it works fine on Safari on iMac but is missing on Safari on iPhone. I could live without it on the iPhone TBH, small screen, but it’s very distracting on the iPad.

Landscape or portrait is the same on iPad, still in the bloody way.

Minor gripes TBH.

martinhutch

Clicking on the ‘go to last page of thread’ arrow mostly just takes me to a blank page. Works on the longer threads.

EDIT: Not doing it now! There were arrows on all the threads, even the single page ones.

DavidB
    Free Member

My handle has changed? I was daveb then post hack had to settle for davidb now appear to be back to daveb in profile?

<edit> ignore me – nothing to see here </edit>

Drac

Landscape or portrait is the same on iPad, still in the bloody way.

What iOS and safari version?

AlexSimon

When I first saw this I thought I’d been assigned a cool Mint Sauce Avatar 🙂

Drac

🤷🏻‍♂️🤔🤣😤

Just testing something.

Ok now edited.

Mark

The bug that keeps redirecting you back to your profile page is really annoying. Sorry about that. We are looking at that now.

Drac

Seems when you hit edit on a post with emojis in you see the code instead.

https://i.postimg.cc/xjbZD8Nf/6-A2550-A3-638-C-4030-80-ED-C6-D7-DC0-C8-A6-F.jpg

funkmasterp

Ooh! Pretty and all works fine here on an iPhone 7 👍🏼

Bez

On my iPhone (7, iOS 13) it’s a bit messy. If these things have already been raised, apologies, I’ve not read the thread.

The header wraps the hamburger onto the following line and obscures a chunk of whatever the menu is that appears underneath it.

Some of the elements are still light with dark text, which is jarring in an otherwise low-key theme.

Swiping up and down while the focus is in the post box is a nightmare: it’s frequently unresponsive when swiping up, and if swiping down the double-sized header appears and leaves a tiny sliver of content between it and the keyboard.

The typography still isn’t very readable to my eye. Some looks like a safe bet for failing basic accessibility criteria by some margin.

A small number of threads appear to have a blue double chevron which seems to take me to a page with no parts on it, which is odd. (Edit: I see what that is now. For some reason the first one I tried gave me no posts to look at, go figure. Presumably related to the fact that the post count and “last updated” link on here have both always been a bit of a lottery on multi-page threads.)

Editing a post takes you to a page that looks empty until you accidentally swipe up and find the edit box was some way below the screen.

And the classifieds link seems to be broken.

One thing I’m glad to see is that images don’t seem to acquire a foggy overlay when you touch them, which used to be a real pain if you were trying to zoom in at all.

darthpunk
    Free Member

weird, dark on my laptop, light mode on my phone and I can’t seem to get dark mode

Otherwise, I like it

(but I do agree with a banner that disappears as you scroll, or at least a stealth mode)

chewkw
    Free Member

Where is the button on the right bottom corner to provide instant quick scroll up?

Oh ya … not bad looking upgraded site.

p/s: definitely need the quick scroll button … very tired having to scroll with wheel on mouse.

somafunk

error you do not have permission to reply

Got that message when i tried to post on the “bring out yer dead coronavirus” thread

EDIT : working now for some reason

I get the following message when i try and view the classifieds though

414 Request-URI Too Large

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 798 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.