Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • OneUp V2 dropper install – initial sag?
  • Milese
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve just installed an OneUp V2 internal dropper in my new Clockwork frame, using the lever I already had from my old Ascend post.

In the stand it works fine, goes up and down nicely, but when I sit on the fully extended saddle it sags about 5 to 10mm, which then comes up again when you press the lever. I can put my saddle up 5-10mm to compensate for this, but it doesn’t seem right?

Notice that the lever requires hardly any movement to activate the drop / rebound.

Any advice please?

Thanks.

timnoyce
    Free Member

Mine doesn’t do this, so assume that something is wrong.

Is the air pressure sufficient? Is the tension on the cable too tight so that it’s not fully releasing into the ‘locked’ position?

Milese
    Free Member

Thanks for your reply.

I put 275 psi in, which is between the recommended 250 to 300 so that should be the issue.

The cable had a bit of slack that I dialled out with the barrel adjuster, but I tested with and without removing that slack and it didn’t make a difference. Id have thought if there was a bit too much tension then it would keep going down rather than sag a bit and then stay put?

davros

I installed one last week and didn’t have this issue. Though I did notice that the lever travel is much shorter than my brand X. I’d suggest disconnecting the cable, clapping it in the frame and seeing whether it sags when you sit on it to see whether it’s a cable issue or post issue.

thepurist

How far is it inserted? On my frame if I insert it too far the end of the internal cable guide can foul the actuator on the base of the post causing all sorts of oddness. Fortunately my riding position is a smidge higher than that but it’s caught me out after doing a quick post lube or similar.

Milese
    Free Member

Sorted – I had used a brake cable instead of a gear cable and the extra size of the barrel on the end was keeping it slightly open.

Thanks for replies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘OneUp V2 dropper install – initial sag?’ is closed to new replies.