Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Online purchased training programs
  • Cowman

Hi,

Having a look at the various training programs that you can buy online.

The two main ones look like MTB fitness, which for 30 quid for the twelve week program could be worth a punt.

The downtime podcast has fit4racing on alot. I like what he says. But at 35 quid a month seems alot.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Training Peaks is worth a look as is Today’s Plan.

tish
    Free Member

I downloaded the MTB Fitness program, for me I thought the volume of training was too high. It involves weights 3 times a week, intervals twice a week, stretching everyday and ride as many times as you want/can as well. I found I was lacking on my rides as my body wasn’t getting enough recovery so I spread the workouts out and put in extra rest days. I also personally didn’t agree with some of the advice in it, for instance combining sessions, he suggested if you was struggling to get all your sessions in then do intervals after your bike ride! Also that if you don’t have enough time then drop your bike rides but you MUST get all your weights and intervals in. It might be ok over winter or something if you don’t ride over winter but I like riding my bike and interfered too much with that for me.
    YMMV of course and it’s only £30.

skaifan
    Free Member

I did the 12 week mtb fitness one. Great for over winter training. Worked out to 5 gym sessions a week. Got me pretty strong and good at sprinting, but at the expense of bike time. I found that once the evenings lightened up, I was craving bike time over gym time. I didn’t enjoy that part. Also found that once I made time for the bike, loads of silly mistakes had crept in. Missing braking points, stalling in corners etc. Matt who wrote the program is really passionate and very accessible. Very quick to answer questions with personal responses. Matt talks a lot about how to manage your time to fit all your riding in around the program, but for me it just wasn’t realistic.
    Point1 had an offer on their enduro program recently so just bought that. Looks a lot more flexible but yet to start it.

Cowman

Cheers. Yes, time as ever is precious. However I really fancy trying and seeing just how far I can take it. But that many sessions a week is unrealistic for me.

Thanks fir the thoughts thus far.

schmiken

I’d suggest talking to a coach and getting something bespoke built around your goals and time to train. PM me if you’d like some recommendations.

grtdkad

I have just signed up to Training Peaks and this guy, Doug Stewart as an online coach… I’ve known him for quite a few years and he’s very capable / knowledgeable…

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/coach/doug-stewart

I’m just on his Bronze package for now but there’s far more bespoke stuff available if you need it.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Glad it’s not me who’s finding it hard to cram in all the mtb fitness program, as I too like to ride a bike even more with light warmer evenings, and I also swim twice a week.. but it’s definately working muscles I’m not currently working so I’m going to stick with it, even just doing the daily stretches seem to help

docgeoffyjones

James Wilson is worth a look. He has a lot of good programs which don’t require loads of equipment or access to a gym. I think he has a specific ‘in season’ program.

Home 2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Online purchased training programs’ is closed to new replies.