Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • online purchase problems
  • jonba
    Free Member

Bike related as I bought a bike!

Back in July I bought a bike from Rose. The 4 week delivery slipped twice without contact and I eventually got a bike in September. Ok, corona virus made things difficult so a few weeks didn’t matter.

The bike I got wasn’t the one I ordered. I had bought a custom bike and they sent me the stock model. A few emails and they agreed to send me the part so I could fit myself. Again, frustrating, I don’t want to rebuild my new bike but a quick check suggests I’ve no chance of any other bike in 2020 so I agreed. Besides – I had a Rose and loved it so a replacement was my 1st choice.

We’re now in October. I still don’t have all the parts. I’ve been charged c. £3k. I’ve got a stock bike, some spare wheels, spare cranks, bar tape and, ludicrously, 2 spare seat posts of the wrong size and as of Friday a pair of swimming goggles (I don’t know why!). I still haven’t got the seat post I need (400mm) so I can’t ride the bike.

I feel I’m getting no where. Its a week between email and reply. I kind of feel I’m committed now. Other than patience I don’t feel I’ve got many options to get this resolved. Anybody care to offer me advice otherwise? Is it basically persist until its sorted or send it all back for a refund?

plus-one

Beg/steal borrow even buy bits to get you rolling ? Then build as desired once correct parts land ?

weeksy

a 400mm seatpost from Ebay for £13 would have got you out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘online purchase problems’ is closed to new replies.