Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Online 3D kitchen design/layout websites/apps
  • munkster
    Free Member

Any of them better than the rest? I used Homestyler for a general visualisation a while back but recalled it was a bit odd to use, maybe it’s just how they are.

One that lets you put standard cabinets and appliances in and take a 3D look at it, that sort of thing. If they’re much of a muchness then fine, but would rather not spend ages inputting details to find I’ve missed a trick.

I really should be out on my bike rather than thinking about this…

#firstworldproblems 🙂 Thanks in advance!

matt_outandabout

SketchUp?

kayak23

I would have said that Sketchup, while more than capable of doing what he needs, is not geared specifically to do kitchen visualization, and takes a fair bit of learning to do anything decent initially.

There are programs specifically for this (I don’t know what they are though)

If you did try Sketchup though, it’s pretty easy to mock up a room based on your measurements, then using the 3d warehouse, you can directly import any number of cabinets and appliances and place them and apply colours and materials etc.

It’s just that it’s not specifically for that so would take a bit of learning.

munkster
    Free Member

Cheers, yeah, SketchUp not a bad shout but as above, would like something specifically geared and tooled to help with kitchen stuff… Keep the suggestions coming! It is appreciated.

jeffl

We used the IKEA one a few years back. Obviously only has IKEA units but was fairly easy to use.

jam-bo

There are two ikea planners. The older one is pretty good, the new one is nearly unusable.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I just let wren take the strain for a first draft. Took about 30minutes.

Quicker than I could work out how to work the program and work out how to achieve what I wanted.

spennyy
    Free Member

I used the b&q one, downside was I had to get them to design a kitchen in store first to get access.

andrewreay

the old Ikea one

Ikea desktop kitchen planner

munkster
    Free Member

Update: Had a go on the Ikea one, works OK doesn’t it.

One Q, can’t see a way of making it go full screen, am I missing something? Seems a bit small to properly see it in 3D.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Online 3D kitchen design/layout websites/apps’ is closed to new replies.