Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • One Up stem preloader thing…
  • andeh

Any reason you shouldn’t use the preloader band thing from a One Up stem on a different stem?

Don’t really want to cut a thread into my steerer or buy the One Up stem, so using just the preloader, which is available separate, seems reasonable. Only problem I foresee is connecting the top cap….not even sure how it fits in with the stem system tbh, it doesn’t look threaded.

iamanobody
    Free Member

seems like it is solving a problem that does not exist unless i’m missing something?

frogstomp

seems like it is solving a problem that does not exist unless i’m missing something?

I think it’s so you don’t have to thread tap your steerer tube to fit one of their EDC tools.

iamanobody
    Free Member

ah right, those tools look a bit gimicky compared to separates, but each to their own

honourablegeorge

From the OneUp site:

The OneUp Stem has a recess in the bottom of the body to house the Preloader assembly with a third bolt at the steerer clamp which you use to adjust the preload.

That reads to me like it will only work with a OneUp Stem,

hols2
    Free Member

Yes, it looks to me like it’s designed specifically for the OneUp stem.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Use a bung type preloader (eg head doctor) to set everything up, then just remove that and use the one up thing to house your edc maybe?

andeh

Looking at the assembly video, it does sit in its own little space at the bottom of the stem, but surely you could just stick it under a normal one?

The preload with a bung idea is good, but I’d worry it’d come loose with no way of re-preloading.

It’s the interface of the tool with the top cap that I think is critical to stop it from rattling, but I don’t know if it fixes to the stem in any way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘One Up stem preloader thing…’ is closed to new replies.