Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • One up dropper posts…. V1 vs V2
  • filibuster
    Free Member

Fed up with the awkward lever position and slow return of the 125mm Reverb.

Looking at the One Up posts mainly because I can customise the drop specific to me /my frame.

With the V1 post I could fit a 170mm post and reduce travel in any increment. (currently have 38mm to the collar showing on the reverb.)
    Plus it’s on the One Up website for 160$.

Is the V2 “better”? I see it’s adjustable between 10mm or 20mm.

Are there any horror stories? Any reasons not to go for one?

Rickos
    Free Member

I believe that the V1 moved the outer of the cable, whereas V2 moves the inner like normal. Not 100% sure on that though. I guess you’d need to change outer more often on V1 as it compresses and that.

jedi

I have both on two bikes. Brilliant either version

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I believe that the V1 moved the outer of the cable, whereas V2 moves the inner like normal. Not 100% sure on that though. I guess you’d need to change outer more often on V1 as it compresses and that.

I thought that was the 2 Vs 2.1, and was only an issue if the bottom of the post was close to the port on the seatube. It’s not pushing the whole outer, just end of the anchor at the seat post is the other way around, the cable is fixed and the outer gets pulled up a few mm to activate the lever so it needs a bit of room to wiggle.

If you order from the website it gives you the option of the 2 or 2.1 actuator so they must think there’s still an advantage. I’m guessing fewer moving parts in the post.

Yak

^ this. I have a V2 here now. It definitely moves the outer.

nickfrog
    Free Member

What? Another dissatisfied Reverb user? I thought they were reliable with proper maintenance?
    Very happy with my V1. I would just suggest to add a little grease when new. Fortunately, it takes less than one minute.

leegee

Very happy with V1, mine needed the air pressure topping up after about 4 months so keep an eye on that.

kelvin

V2 has gone.

It’s V1 or V2.1 now.

Which you want/need depends on which bike you have.

Poopscoop

In case it’s handy to know op, you can also reduce the Brand X travel with shims the same as the One up.

filibuster
    Free Member

Thanks guys…. Yes, website says something about V2.1

Still think I prefer the V1 for its infinite adjustment with the shim.

Is the lever worth fifty green bills?

leegee

I use the ztto one from eBay. Cost £15 and its the best l’ve used.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘One up dropper posts…. V1 vs V2’ is closed to new replies.