Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • One bike tools. One-up EDC or what
  • nixie

New forks are a no go for the threaded top cap in my current forks (mattocs). My EDC is the V1 so cannot be fitted to the newer threadless character. That leaves buying a V2 and the carrier or looking at alternative tools. I want chain tool and tubeless tools (though would accept having those separately in the bar ends). So has anyone tried a one up EDC and any of the similar alternatives.

argee

Granite Stash RT is a great tool, no need for threading, same with their handlebar chain tool, use both, and the bottle cage adaptor.

ta11pau1

Have you got the oneup pump?

My next bike solution will be the oneup pump in a 76projects inline mount, with a normal stem, then my current oneup tool inside the pump. (Current bike has a oneup stem with the annoying preload collar thing that’s a bit of a pain to set correctly and if you twist your bars and have to readjust them you end up with a loose headset).

I might then add a granite RT too which looks really cool, will be handy having a ratchet tool in the steerer.

colournoise

Got the Granite steerer tube multi tool and both bar end kits. Not had to use them in anger yet but seem pretty well made and decent VFM. Dead easy to fit too.

nixie

Not seen the RT version of the stash. That looks neat.

I do have the one up pump but it does not fit nicely on this bike, also not convinced about it as a pump. I have it fitted to my hardtail. The same hardtail also has the one up stem and tensioner system which I think is crap. That bike has had a fork change since I bought the stem and I think the current one can be threaded (so will be removing the preload stem).

nixie

Others I’ve come across

Specialized swat
    Bontrager
    Wolftooth encase (not keen on this one)
    Lezyne concealed
    Crank axle mounted (no good on this bike).

winston
    Free Member

For those using the EDC 100 pump, i’ve found the Peaty Holeshot repair kit fits nicely inside. Obvs you cant have a co 2 in there as well.

luket

My next bike solution will be the oneup pump in a 76projects inline mount

Speaking as someone who has just a few minutes ago stripped and rebuilt his oneup pump after only owning it for a couple of months, this does sound like a good idea. I don’t know whether this was a freak occurrence, a knock that took the handle away from the seal, an issue with the oneup pump or its placement in mud’s way but mine got mucky inside from a day at Bikepark Wales last week, without being used. Mildly annoying and I didn’t fancy using it graunchy like that, although the clean and rebuild is a piece of cake.

More relevant to the OP, I think it’s a reasonable pump (not as good as a trail floor pump, but fine) combined with a decent minimal tool (multitool and tubeless jabber) storage option.

ta11pau1

I’ll be honest, in the over 3 years I’ve had my pump I’ve only used it a handful of times, but I always carry a pump with me in my bag on longer day rides – just saves having to put it in the bag and I know the one time I didn’t I’d need it! I carry 2 C02 cannisters and a inflator head too, never needed that either!

nixie

I had to replace the seals in the pump as it did not pump. Fortunately discovered that at home rather than when I had a flat. I always take a pump but for longer riders prefer one I trust that can do both valves.

nixie

To get all the features of the edc covered the costs of the other systems are all up there with just getting the V2 tool and threadless carrier. Works out less if I sell my existing tool (and probably the pump or stem) and I can still swap it quickly between bikes.

hooli

I have this – https://www.runandride.co.uk/tools-maintenance/tools/one-up-edc-lite-tool–orange__23995?currency=GBP&chosenAttribute=1c0701ora

Works well enough, cheap and easy to fit.

I then have a tubeless repair kit in the bar end.

sharkattack

Ooh that Granite Stash RT looks lovely.

I also found this handy review…singletrackworld.com/2022/06/granite-design-stash-rt-ratchet-in-your-steerer/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.