Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • One bike – Thule or Rockbros
  • eyestwice
    Free Member

As per title. I’m off to Skye next month. I’ve got some wing bars but no feet for my current car. And no roof-mounted bike carrier either.

So will a Rockbros get me there and back for less than the price of Thule feet and carrier?

I believe they’re as good as a Seasucker at a much lower price point? And also cheaper than the Thule combo. I’m just nervous despite upwards of the 1 beeelion reviews that I’ve read.

Benefit being that I can hopefully use the Rockbros on my Abarth too, for which no bars exist (although I can cobble some bars together from out-of-production parts).

As an aside – no plans for extra bikes/box/kayak etc. etc.

didnthurt

I’ve never heard of a Thule roof bars failure, that was enough for me to buy them again when I changed car. Buy them from Halfords using your (or a friends) British Cycling membership and save another 10% off.

didnthurt

If your car is a 2017 Passat saloon (unlikely) then I have a spare set of Thule feet/clamps I need to sell.

matt_outandabout

I’ve got a pair of (normal raised rail) Arera aero bars for sale at the moment.

Fitted a V70, I’m in Dunblane. £50

steveh

Rockbros is fine with two bikes on my cayman. I worried to start with and still check about every 1.5 hours but it’s always been grand.

eyestwice
    Free Member

@steveh Thanks, Rockbros is probably the way to go then. Meaning I can swap between cars easily.

Biggest downside is stopping at service stations. Maybe I’ll wire my bike frame to a big leisure battery 🤔

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.