Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • One bike – Thule or Rockbros
  • eyestwice

As per title. I’m off to Skye next month. I’ve got some wing bars but no feet for my current car. And no roof-mounted bike carrier either.

So will a Rockbros get me there and back for less than the price of Thule feet and carrier?

I believe they’re as good as a Seasucker at a much lower price point? And also cheaper than the Thule combo. I’m just nervous despite upwards of the 1 beeelion reviews that I’ve read.

Benefit being that I can hopefully use the Rockbros on my Abarth too, for which no bars exist (although I can cobble some bars together from out-of-production parts).

As an aside – no plans for extra bikes/box/kayak etc. etc.

didnthurt

I’ve never heard of a Thule roof bars failure, that was enough for me to buy them again when I changed car. Buy them from Halfords using your (or a friends) British Cycling membership and save another 10% off.

didnthurt

If your car is a 2017 Passat saloon (unlikely) then I have a spare set of Thule feet/clamps I need to sell.

matt_outandabout

I’ve got a pair of (normal raised rail) Arera aero bars for sale at the moment.

Fitted a V70, I’m in Dunblane. £50

steveh

Rockbros is fine with two bikes on my cayman. I worried to start with and still check about every 1.5 hours but it’s always been grand.

eyestwice

@steveh Thanks, Rockbros is probably the way to go then. Meaning I can swap between cars easily.

Biggest downside is stopping at service stations. Maybe I’ll wire my bike frame to a big leisure battery 🤔

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

Singletrack Quick Fire - Clips or F...
Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Quick Fire - Clips or Flats?