Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • On-One Smoothie Regular
  • whippersnapper
    Free Member

having not so recently purchased a frame (ta Richpips, it is the world’s slowest build but I reckon completion for next weekend) with the above headset in it I was wondering if the bottom race is the big metal mechanical seal, or in otherwords, that is the first thing I put on the fork. I did check the web but the On-One pic on the website is tiny (if anyone does have a diagram please could you send it me).

ta in advance

DrEvil
    Free Member

The Crown Race should be the first thing that goes onto the fork – I’m not sure if that’s what you mean by big metal seal? The Crown Race is usually a thinnish metal ring that will _just_ fit around the forks steerer – you will then need to tap it down to get it to fit properly at the bottom of the steerer.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

that’s the problem, I am not sure if the plate of silver metal which forms the mechanical seal is the crown race or not?

jonb
    Free Member

The crown race is the thing on the bottom left.

jonb
    Free Member

Top left is the bottom bearings wich are on your frame. Top middle is the top bearings, top right goes on next then bottom middle and bottom right is the SFN + bolt + topcap.

Don’t bodge on the crownrace and damage it. Then you have to phone up and ask them to send you another one and you’ll feel silly 🙁 It is mechanical seal so there’s no room for any misshapenness.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

cheers

my bottom left is silver so was confused at first but that doesn’t take much

scott-b
    Free Member

Does yours come with a smaller crown race? My grande smoothie only has the large silver plate (bottom left). No other crown race came with it. I presumed the big silver flat bit replaced / was the crown race??
    Bit concerned now

scott-b
    Free Member

Just took mine to bits and the bottom plate doesnt have a definate recess in that would take a seperate crown race??

Any ideas guys?
    Brant you out there still??

brant
    Free Member

Earlier headsets had a black alloy crownrace/bottom plate. It includes a mechanical labyrinthe seal. That’s why it’s so big.

Later ones are stainless – so silver.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On-One Smoothie Regular’ is closed to new replies.