Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • On One Scandel- which ridged forks
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

I’m looks for a set of ridged forks for my On One scandel 29″ frame.

I’ve never ran a bike with ridged forks so Have no idea whats good or not.

I know I need boost and tapered steerer but other than that I’ve no idea.

Anyone fitted any ( got fed up of searching thought the 29 pages of the Scandel thread) to there scandel?

Links would be ace.

cheers

Clink

You want some rigid forks….

Depends on budget. Whisky Mtn forks, Enve mtn forks are lush. Carbon ones on Whippet builds are good if you can find a set.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I got some carbon Salsa Firestarter ones to put on hardtail.
    Nicely made, have the mounts for cargo cages. Very low weight.
    Got them for about £125 second hand

plus-one

The selcof fork that came with frame bundle suits them. Here’s mine rigid.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAhwlaiA8ff/?utm_medium=share_sheet

superstu
    Free Member

OP you don’t need tapered you could run straight steerer with a different headset

damascus
    Free Member

I’m running some carbon forks from a genesis tarn. They come up on ebay for around £100. Works OK for me.

The frame takes a tapered fork but as above, you can run a tapered or straight steerer with the correct headset but yours probably has a headset for a tapered fork.

stanstorey
    Free Member

Tarn forks here too. They also did a steel tarn fork on the lower spec bikes.
    Tarn forks are a good length and seem to be well made.
    I think you’ll have more chance finding a boost fork with a tapered steerer anyway, I wouldn’t get anything other than tapered for it for simplicity.
    Personally I’d ask on the onone Facebook group to see if anyone has a pair of selcof forks from their whippet for sale, not uncommon for people to swap them out for bounce.
    There was a pair on here for sale a couple of months ago …so you never know, this thread might remind someone!

montgomery
    Free Member

What’s the AC length of the rigid forks you’re running with your Scandals, and do you have any comments on whether it’s right/enough given the frame is designed for 130-140mm suspension forks?

damascus
    Free Member

The tarn fork also takes a 3 inch 29er tyre. I think the Selcof one does too. If you can find a fork with bolts on the side for back packing even better.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve just gone the other way. I had a set of Niner carbon forks on my Scandal set up as a singlespeed but they were 100mm suspension corrected which made the front too low. I’ve recently put on some RS Gold 130 mm forks and it’s become a completely different bike.

jimdubleyou

I’ve got a Salsa Krampus fork on my Big Dog.

480 something a-c, needed an adapter crown race thing to make it fit in the head set and it works well.

Need to cut the steerer at some point…

stevemorg2

I have a pair of the Selcof Carbon forks fitted to the Whippet if interested – not used much – decided to stick with suspension on a bikepacking bike

rone

You can get a lower bearing cup to add to the a2c length.

I’ve got a rigid Enve MTN fork on a frame designed for 120mm, and that’s what I’ve had done.

chestrockwell

I have the Selcof ones on my Whippet and they are decent enough. Seem quite long and have plenty of room for larger tyres.

Could be interested in a PX for some suss forks in the near future as fancy trying it as a HT but not in any rush.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Oh yeah, it was the Salsa Cuthroat carbon forks I put on my bike.
    Out for a ride on them yesterday, they seem good – not too harsh…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘On One Scandel- which ridged forks’ is closed to new replies.