• This topic has 131 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • On One Carbon 456
  • sv

matt black – £300 please on one if you are reading!

I’d even go as far as saying £249 On-One 🙂

hora
    Free Member

It was an absolute steal at £250. Kicking myself that I didn’t get one when they were knocking them out at that price.

sv

Well there are three of us waiting now 🙂

Edit: Brant any chance! Might go Whippet if all else fails.

hora
    Free Member

We’ll be waiting for ever then. They wont be that cheap again. Thing is its not just over 3lb’s in weight is it? From one seller (with just the headset – it weighed 4.1lb for the 16″).

I wouldn’t pay over £300 for just the frame.

Even if its just over 1lb lighter than a decent steel frame I’d rather go with the steel frame if I had to.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i’d even pre-order one at £250! if anything that would do me a favour to save up for some bits for it!

come on on-one do a STW collective group discount 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

been running mine as my only MTB for about 2 years now and love it! it’s been faultless and always puts a smile on my face.

yes they’re a little bit of a marmite (love em or hate em) type of look but everyone i come across tends to say how cool it looks…….they could be good liers though 😀

porlus
    Free Member

sv – Member
    Well there are three of us waiting now

Edit: Brant any chance! Might go Whippet if all else fails.

Make that four. Been humming and haaing (is that a word) for ages about getting one. Love watching the price go up and down like a yo-yo.
    Plain black one for me thanks 😉

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i do think they would look pretty mint with top end kit on, xt 1×10 group, flows on pro2’s/crossmax st’s, easton finishing kit and a reverb….i think it would look pretty mint in fact in matt….ala the picture of the guys near the top on 1st page

however, most builds/pictures i see on here are people second bikes built out of the spares box (which is totally understandable given the price of the frame), thats why i tend not think people like them…

i reckon if it was my only bike it would look pretty neat done up to the level of my current one!

pickle
    Free Member

Shameless picture of mine after a trip to the surrey hills.

Not had any issues with the smoothie mixer headset either 😐

teamslug
    Free Member

Rode alot of nice bikes in the last twenty years. Not had a hardtail for about 10 years but after last summers washout I got sick of replacing bearings etc so got hold of a C456 second hand for £200 about 4 months ago to build up as a winter commuter and summer mud bike. Was concerned the ride was going to be too ‘harsh’ and would aggrevate a lower back problem but i have to say that I’m bowled over.OP if you’re worried about the ride put a carbon post on it. Made quite a difference to ride quality. IMO you’d be better running quite a short stem. I have 90mm on my other bikes but run a 65mm on the 456. I’m 6’1 with a 32″ inside leg and a 18″ is spot on. Running it with some nice bits on XTR/DT Swiss and Hope mine weighs 24lb so nice and light. I can drop forks for climbing but unless its really steep dont find the need to. In the next week or so I’m fitting a lefty fork so will only be riding it at night cos it’ll be fugly but the ultimate mud plugger!! Tyre clearance even with some conti 2.4s is massive. Hope this helps.No issues with mixer headset yet.

pickle
    Free Member

totally agree with the above post……i run a carbon post and it feels great. mines an 18″ and run a pretty short stem as well, be 6’2″ with a 32″ inside leg it feels great

hora
    Free Member

Longevity-would you trust/buy a 2ndhand one off someone?

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘On One Carbon 456’ is closed to new replies.