Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On one 456evo ti, any good ?
  • sprocker
    Free Member

Thinking of ditching the full bouncer and going for one of these, £800 is a lot to spend on a hardtail frame (for me) but I like the look of it and have always fancied a frame in the magic metal.

Anybody got one if so what it like etc. Will be my only bike so peaks riding along with trips to the lakes, Scotland etc. I will build it up with slants at 130mm (511 ac) big tires and a dropper.

I am 6 1 and a bit so sizing advise appreciated to as I seem to fall between18 & 20 on their guide. Bit worried the 20 would look like a gate though.

jonnyrockymountain

I have one (but not the 2013 evo version) mines 2012, Fantastic riding bikes, I ditched my full susser for one and I won’t go back
    I have 150 dual position rev’s so most of the time it’s in 120 , but open up to 150 for big steepish descent’s, i’am 5’9″ with a 16″ and short stem, if I were you i’d go 18″

jonnyrockymountain

Here is a pic, also mine weights just under 24lbs

br
    Free Member

Whether you need an 18″ or 20″ frame depends more on your inside leg length (and reach). I’m 6’2″ and run a 20″ 456Ti.

Thinking of ditching the full bouncer and going for one of these, £800 is a lot to spend on a hardtail frame (for me) but I like the look of it and have always fancied a frame in the magic metal.

And tbh £800 isn’t a lot for a frame, as no doubt you spent more than that on your FS (and shock).

I’ve had my Lynskey 456Ti nearly 5 years now – its done over 15k miles in that time, and a bit like Trigger’s Broom in that only the frame and the front mech are still original. Love it.

Duffer
    Free Member

My steel 456 is an 18″ and i’m a smidge under 6′, and it’s bordering on being too small for me; loads of seatpost showing. I’d recommend a 20″ personally, although i agree they look a little gate-ish.

rob2
    Free Member

Jonny – nice bike. That must weigh much less than 24lb surely?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Just about to put my mint Lynskey 20″ 456 ti frame on the classified’s, if you are interested?

Pics available 😀
    Pete

sprocker
    Free Member

Don’t spend more than 800 on full sus frames buy them and break the parts. The tart in me things 20 will not look right . Size wise i am 6 1 with 32 inside leg. Big Pete pics please.

jonnyrockymountain

I’am a 31″ inside leg on my 16″ frame

nickdavies

I’ve got a c456, not quite the same but sizing wise I’m 6,2 with 32″ inside leg.
    I’d say its a nice fit if a little short on the ups, down feels very compact and chuck able, not a gate at all. Running a 70mm stem and a slight layback seat post it’s nice in the leg but I’m off the back of the saddle slightly when climbing. Wouldn’t recommend an 18″ based in my experience, I’d prefer a smidge longer. Doesn’t look silly big, just right.

Frame itself is great geometry I’m very tempted by a ti one myself as I’m really not getting on with the carbon frame, only because I think it’s going to break any second!

kristoff
    Free Member

I’m the same measurements as you and ride an 18″ c456 seems fine with a 400mm post. And was what was recommended by on-one/brant size wise.

There is quite a lot of post. But length wise its pretty spot on with a 70mm stem (I could go slightly longer or shorter without too much bother).

Sorry to ruin your ti thread with a carbon pic.

sprocker
    Free Member

Not ruined 🙂 . I really would like the size they do not make! I have tried an 18 inch mmmbop which felt to short tbh not sure how it measures up against the 456. Don’t mind the highish saddle just don’t want it to short

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On one 456evo ti, any good ?’ is closed to new replies.