Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Olympic xc race Suntour blue stanchion forks
  • endomick
    Free Member

Just caught up on the men’s race on BBC I-player and spotted Suntour forks with some lovely looking blue stanchions, anybody know anything about them, will they be going into production.

endomick
    Free Member

?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Was gonna ask this too!.

intheborders
    Free Member

Were they Sid’s with Suntour stickers?

tomhoward
    muggomagic

EDIT: TomHoward beat me to it…..

Kryton57

I was wondering the same yesterday, and concluded by the description that they were these:

https://www.srsuntour.com/products/fork/AXON-WERX-6571.html

And reading this review might reveal it’s ideally suited to the Olympic course..

edit: also beaten by Tom!

ayjaydoubleyou

best comment on Pinkbike, where all the fox fanbois are trying to talk trash on suntour.

What looks better than kashima? gold.

matt_outandabout

Interesting…

I *think* SR Suntour are the largest bike fork manufacturer globally. I *think* they also make some parts for other manufacturers forks still.

I rode an SR fork on a test day a couple of years back – and it was easily better than my Yari (not that difficult) yet was £100 cheaper…

DickBarton

I’m clearly not seeing what everyone else is seeing – I’ll blame my phone screen and not having an Instagram account – but is the cable not his front brake hose which he has mounted on the left side of his bike rather than our traditional right hand side?

Sui
    Free Member

err, just watched the PB DOGMA vidoe, does anyone else just see the BB being ripped away from the frame on a heavy compression??

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve said it loads of times on here, good SR Suntour forks are good, shit ones are shit, same as Fox or RS but they get a bad rep because they tend to be specced on low priced bikes and low priced bikes don’t get looked after properly, so people think all Suntours have rusty stanchions and don’t work properly… I’ve got 34mm Aurons on my bike and OH has 35mm Durolux on his, both with the RC2 damper and they’re brill. They may be a 100g or whatever heavier than their Fox or RS counterparts but at least they don’t **** creak when you look at them 🤣

Tom Pidcock used Axon 34s on his bike and the nifty blue stanchioned ones were on Jens Schuermans’s bike.

endoverend

SR Suntour are teasing this now on their Instagram site. They claim Pidcock used the non-blue stantioned version because it was the one ‘he was working on’. This might just mean it was the one he trained on…but more likely I suspect that Pidcock has been involved in developing a new electronically controlled system. As I mentioned on one of the other threads, the BMC Fourstroke from a few years ago had a unique rear shock lockout that was linked by cable to the dropper post, so that it was firm when dropper up/ soft when dopeer down – I’d not seen anyone else do this at the time and thought it was quite radical..this was a few years ago mind. I’ve not played with the current generation of Fourstroke but if they’ve kept the same philosophy then I reckon it’s all linked as a system of dropper/shock/fork all operated on/off by the single lever visible on the left of the bar – linked to the fork with an electronic wire through the frame, possibly even with variable damping linking shock & fork…which would allow them to keep rider input minimal..so he can concentrate on flowing to spangly medals.

ayjaydoubleyou

s the cable not his front brake hose which he has mounted on the left side of his bike rather than our traditional right hand side?

There’s a valid reason for doing this in CX (something to do with flying dis/remounts, and shifting with roadie levers.)

If he got in to the habit doing this maybe he does this for all off road riding?

greeny30
    Free Member

Fukashima, give me some durolux or auron with blue stanchions, please Suntour you know it makes sense, with some good promotion I think they’ll fly off the shelves if they can meet demand in the current climate.

matt_outandabout

I was wondering about the blue reference.

Jens Shuermans.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Olympic xc race Suntour blue stanchion forks’ is closed to new replies.