Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Old bike photos let’s see yours
  • pacemaker75
    Free Member

Pace

My old RC100, Frame number 248, photo taken in 91/92. upgraded to RC35’s from the original RC30 and Racelines from the Hydrastops.
    XT, Bullseye cranks.

It was stolen and stripped but I got the frame back and it went off to Adrian at Pace to rebuild it.

razorrazoo

222 – first DH bike, looks tiny now

KeeWee Chromo8

SC Bullit

In action at Esher Shore

Intense M1 – my dream bike at the time.

Intense in action at Rogate and Sulham Woods

DickBarton
    onewheelgood

So I think that one is the ’93, the ’92 was blue/green – such radical product development! It was a lovely bike though.

DickBarton

I liked that whole range of models, think there were 4 in it – Peak, Summit, Ridge and I think a 4th that I now can’t recall…

ac282

onewheelgood

I liked that whole range of models

Wasn’t the range Raleigh’s last serious effort at competing in decent MTBs? Those and the Ti Dyna-Tech’s.

DickBarton

I think the Dyna-Techs came out just after the first year of these and were marketed as Titanium, the Peak, Summit, etc. were steel frames (from memory) and were (I think) sort of their offering for a steel decent to higher end MTB instead of going Titanium (which again from recollection was from a Russian source so plenty people were very sceptical about it).

Futureboy77

Wasn’t the range Raleigh’s last serious effort at competing in decent MTBs? Those and the Ti Dyna-Tech’s.

Nah, the RSP line which followed Dyna-Tech were pretty decent. I had a Ti one and still have an 853 one which was hardly ridden and still languishes in my mum’s garage. The 853 one is from 97ish if I remember correctly.

mick_r

No photos of my first mtb (Saracen Ltd Edition).

Second mtb was a Saracen Kili Flyer. And I’m still mostly riding fillet brazed steel today (but now made by myself).

Mrs Mick. Hopton NPS downhill riding for Parkpre in 95. Back in the day when you could still (sort of) race downhill on the bike you rode for XC the next day 🙂

She raced Worlds XC in Germany that year (and qualified to race the downhill but declined).

leffeboy

Saracen Conquest, Nepal 1987.  Not the fanciest bike ever but I think I had some of the best times with it and my pals

Scotland, 1988

p7eaven
    Free Member

RSP

I had a couple of the cromo RSP/M-Trax bikes and rated them well.

The first was nicked (I actually saw the scrote taking it but pursuit was fruitless) and the second (after upgrading everything to XT) sold to an STWer IIRC. It sort of served as an all-purpose bike and I used/modded it for bike-packing before I’d even heard of bike packing and for ‘gravel’ before it even heard of ‘gravel’

I later ‘downgraded’ to another 90s Raleigh (an ‘Apex’ – made from Reynolds K2) which actually carried stuff better but wasn’t anywhere near as fast as the M-Trax when unloaded.

Weirdly, looking back if I had to choose from either of the Raleighs again I’d now go for the Apex, even (especially) with that dusky pink pearlescent finish! Sadly didn’t keep any pictures either before or after I’d Frankennmonstered it. Of course I threw the Flexstem straight in the bin.

Just found a pic of my last full susser which is going back some years:

Drapoon
    Free Member
    crazy-legs

Back in the day when you could still (sort of) race downhill on the bike you rode for XC the next day 🙂

I remember doing a National Champs at Nannerch in about 1998 with the DH on Saturday, XC on the Sunday. The DHers who weren’t racing XC the next day got absolutely hammered, the “crossover riders” spent their Saturday night changing from flat pedals to SPDs and putting lighter tyres on. That was basically all that was needed back then! 😉

monkeyboyjc

About 1996

1993/4

kimbers

The Hub at Glentress just after it opened, around 2000? we flew from stanstead to edinburgh & Tracey came & picked us up from the airport in the van
    Her & Emma were very keen for us to spread the word about how good the trails at GT were
    hub

1999? at the lodges near CYB, MuniMula fire xc pros, avid V brakes, , planet X flames saddle, bomber Z3
    muni

My Beloved Bear DL at Mabie in 2003?
    scot

2004ish Spain, somewhere, my Bear DL now with LT rockers and 120mm Fox
    spain

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.