• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by toby.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Old bike bits wanted & help me out please
  • dustypumpkins

Hello!

I’ll try and keep this as little sob-story-ish as possible! I’m a self-employed mtb guide/instructor and outdoor educator whose industry is now (temporarily, I know) gone. To try and keep me and my family going I’ve been getting creative with old bike parts, turning them into items folks might want to buy. First up were some clocks made out of used rotors which went down really well. But I’ve only got so many old bits lying around.

Please, if you can, send me old rotors, chainrings, cassettes, chains, jockey wheels etc. I can cover your postage if you like. Any condition will do, and you don’t have to clean it up either.

Get in touch here, on Facebook or email. I’d be so incredibly grateful. If you’re ever up in the Scottish Highlands with the bike when this is all over, ping me a message and I’ll repay your kindness.

If you can’t spare any parts then giving the Facebook Page/Instagram a like/follow really does make a difference. Their algorithms revolve around numbers so it would really help me out.

Huge thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/highlandbikeacademy/

https://www.highlandbikeacademy.com/contact/

dustypumpkins

What’s the time Mr Wolf? The first batch:

null

tjagain

I have some stuff you can have. Trouble is I am in isolation for another 9 days. PM me then to remind me to post it or does anyone in Edinburgh want to pick them up to send on? I can disinfect and throw them oot the windae

dustypumpkins

Thanks TJ and to everyone for their replies – it hasn’t gone unnoticed.

Bear
    Free Member

Dusty, I too am isolated for a bit but have a few old bits lying about. Message me your address and a reminder in a couple of weeks.

nbt

I have several kilos of old chains and cassettes in the garage. How much do you want? I just dump all the metal into a bag, so there’s gear cables and so on in there as well. If this is of interest PM me, I’m happy to sift through and pick out the stuff you can use

jree
    Free Member

Got a few bits I can send you mate.

chris36860
    Free Member

I’ve recently started a cycle repair workshop/company and typically have just binned loads of bits. I’m more than happy to keep the bits from here in and send them up. Instead of doing it every few days, I can wait until I have a box full?(although I can see things slowing up soon!)

scotroutes

Dusty – what are you after? Lockdown gives me a chance to clear out some stuff and I can probably drop it off.

funkrodent

I’ve got various bits and pieces that I’m happy to send your way including some old rotors. Let me have your address and I’ll wing them up to you. Don’t worry about postage, you can buy me a pint sometime

dustypumpkins

Seriously, a big thanks to all of you for your support. But, I can’t be asking you to go out to the post office on my behalf. We should all be staying at home. Maybe when this is all over you could still send me some parts and I’ll send you them back as something else 🙂

matt_outandabout

Dusty – I’ve some odd old rotors, a cassette, chainrings, even a blown Fox RP23 shock. You are welcome to them.

dustypumpkins

Thanks Matt. Even better, I can pick them up from you. My folks aren’t too far away from you and they’re due a visit when this has blown over. And I might even get to spend some time in the Ochils again, reliving old memories!

garage-dweller

Hi if you want some stuff when the lockdown gets relaxed I will post a few bits.

Can’t make a special trip to post just now but if you’re doing this as a side line longer term happy to give you some raw materials to help you get back on track.

PM me some details and don’t be afraid to give me a chase. I’d much rather spend £10 posting it to a fellow forumite than see it go in the scrap bin at the tip when it reopens.

nickdavies

I’ve got to have a big clear out shortly to move (hopefully)

I’ll fill you a box. Not sure when, I’m mainly posting so I can find this thread when I get round to it 👍🏻

dustypumpkins

Thanks everyone. At this rate I’ll continue producing when restrictions are lifted. Most of my work is with schools & kids. I suspect summer holidays are going to be cancelled or reduced so who knows when I can have my high season. This could just keep the leccy going!

I’ll be in touch with you all after this has passed.

toby

Put me down on the list too, I have a growing box of used and not good enough for eBay, but a bit nice for the scrap metal heap.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Old bike bits wanted & help me out please’ is closed to new replies.