Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Old 26″ 456 – anyone run 650b and 40mm tyres?
  • garage-dweller

As title, just musing about a “ride from home bike”. Can’t afford/don’t want another bike (I have reached n+1=divorce) but there’s a fair bit of rough road/easy track near me and I’m wondering (clutching at straws) if I could get some cheapish 650b wheels made up on some spare hubs, add gravel/file tread tyres, rigid fork and some multi position bars and get a gravel/utility/exploring bike at minimal cost.

Or is this idea a load of horse muck?

garage-dweller

Or is there some 26″ fast rolling 2.0″+ tyre i should just buy instead.

hardtailonly

Pondering similar with a Inbred I’ve got that’s not selling. I know 700×42 wheels/tyres go in. But I’ve already got a gravel bike, so not sure exactly what to do with the Inbred.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Potentially unhelpful answer but I run an oldish 456 carbon evo 26″ frame with 650b x 2.35″ tyres and mudguards – little close when it’s really muddy but there would be loads of room for 40 mm tyres. That’s assuming your “Old 26″ 456” is comparable to mine – I’ve no idea if the steel ones were the same shape or clearance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Old 26″ 456 – anyone run 650b and 40mm tyres?’ is closed to new replies.