Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ohhhhh nooooo! RS Pike brake mounts have caught me out!
  • danmac
    Free Member

So today is the day ive finally had some downtime to get my new forks on. Just finishing up and looking forward to a ride, then bam. First and only problem. I run a 203mm front brake and on the previous RS Judy had the correct Shimano 203mm post mount to compensate for this. Fitted it to the Pikes and the caliper now sits too high on the disc. Pads are only covering approx half of the disc if that. So what adaptor do i need? Thanks in advance

fathomer

You need a +23mm, we’ve got XTR ones on 2 bikes with Pikes.

danmac
    Free Member

Don’t suppose you have the shimano part number do you @fathomer?

fathomer

XTR SM-MA90 I think but a quick Google suggests you might be out of look with stock. I got one in January from wollyhatshop.

danmac
    Free Member

Does the caliper mount direct to the adaptor or is it the longer bolts through the adapter as a spacer?

thepurist

You can use any compatible spacer so don’t limit your search to shimano – pm180 to pm203 is the same thing no matter who makes it

Eg (possibly)

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-Post-to-Post-PM7-180mm-Direct-Mount-to-203mm-Disc-Brake-Adapter-Colour-Options

davewalsh
    Free Member

Hope ‘H’ mount will also do the job, that’s what I have on my 2021 Pikes.

danmac
    Free Member

Ok, so ive ordered a mount from Uberbike, now unsure on the hardware… Any ideas on bolt length?

militantmandy
    Free Member

It should come with the correct bolts.

endomick
    Free Member

Thats two probs in a row, you’ll now need conical washers and longer bolts of two different lengths, bolts not supplied with the uber one, should have gone Hope.

danmac
    Free Member

Couldnt find hope in stock. Im not in a blessed position to have 12 bikes in the garage so waiting an unspecified time seemed like a horrible idea.

thepurist

Ah sorry didn’t spot the lack of bolts with uberbike. I’d just give them a call tomorrow to get the spec then nip to my local bolt emporium, or ebay if necessary – or if uberbike aren’t responsive wait until it arrives and see what extra length you need to add at each end.

Tracey
    danmac
    Free Member

Thanks @Tracey, didn’t spot those yesterday!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ohhhhh nooooo! RS Pike brake mounts have caught me out!’ is closed to new replies.