• This topic has 138 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • Oh dear…. (mumsnet)
  • midlifecrashes

Can’t see this going well for someone.

Am I Being Unreasonable?

jekkyl

lol @ dinner in the shed till the bike goes.
    Can see the wife going ‘it’s me or the bike’ guy hugs bike to his chest ‘bye then’

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Out of interest, why are you reading Mumsnet?

cranberry
    Free Member

Keep the wife in the shed, and the bikes in the house = less nagging and more bikes = win ( + a little bit of being divorced ).

🙂

samuri
    Free Member

“Dinner in the shed till the bike goes”

Brilliant! Thanks love. Send me a text when it’s ready.

And he’s only got three bikes? WTFU love, come back and complain when he’s got ten or more.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

time for bombers….

geetee1972
    Free Member

“Dinner in the shed till the bike goes”

FAIL

It’ supposed to be a deterrent not an inducement.

5thElefant
    Free Member

You know what they say about a man with a small shed.

If he had a bigger ‘shed’ she wouldn’t complain about the bike.

Kryton57

If she was any kind of decent wife she’d be on STW asking for shed advice, which would result in her building him one and leave it for him to find with a new 650b bike inside with a bow on.

Hold on, mrs k has mumsnet login… 😈

samuri
    Free Member

Next door has a huge double doored garage but he only gets a little Brompton out of it. or something.

Davesport

Can someone link this thread over to the one on Mumsnet please 😀

jkomo

They’re a bit sweary, I’m shocked.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ll just type stuff: I can’t even be arsed clicking the link, Is it reeal baaad?

dannybgoode

This is all she needs to be shown…

Cheers

Danny B

CaptJon
    Free Member

From the threads i’ve seen linked on here, mumsnet appears to be a circlejerk.

Kevevs
    Free Member

from the threads I’ve seen on singletrackworld, singletrackworld appears to be a circlejerk. 😉

willard

To be fair, any forum on the internet ends up being a circlejerk if it is niche enough.

That’s just the wonder of the internet.

atlaz
    Free Member

And now they’ve linked back to STW. Could be interesting

LadyGresley
    Free Member

What’s a circlejerk?
    Anyway, what kind of woman is she? Why aren’t her bikes in the dining room too?

dave360

They talk a lot about DH, but not XC.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Duane…
    Free Member

They love their acronyms don’t they..

GrahamS

YANBU to be honest.

I wouldn’t want a bike in the house either. Call me a new age metro but I like the kitchen to smell of cooking, not oil, mud and dog egg.

Cougar

I like the kitchen to smell of oil and mud, not cooking. But that’s got nothing to do with bikes.

Hello ladies! *waves*

Cougar

They love their acronyms don’t they..

To be fair, that’s pretty rich coming from a MTB forum. (-:

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Now I know where the obsession with acronyms comes from! That website is sodding unreadable.

cranberry
    Free Member

What’s a circlejerk

that would be a circle, where there is a lot of jerking going on, and no one holds their own.

Cougar

Damn you Graham, your ninja edit has given my follow-up post a slightly sinister twist.

Cougar

Now I know where the obsession with acronyms comes from! That website is sodding unreadable.

I believe Dx is “Darling… “, eg DH = Darling Husband, DD = Darling Daughter etc. Which would cause confusion here if DeadlyDarcy took to a spot of Downhill.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

YANBU?

After more googleing it’s not a town in Saudi but “of course your right – your a woman”

Bet she hasn’t found the bike shoes in the washing machine and the old chain in the dishwasher yet.

Cougar

“YANBU”:

Thread title is “Am I being unreasonable?” – reply is “YANBU”, so presumably “You Are Not Being Unreasonable.”

Cougar

We have just bought a bike shed, Asgard is the maker and made of metal, is the only shed guaranteed not breakable in to and will cover DH for insurance for his 1k baby bike

Out of interest, has anyone any experience of these things? A guaranteed break-in proof shed seems a bold claim to me, could be useful if it’s true.

(1k bike… they’d have kittens if they saw what some people here spend on bikes…)

piemonster

What’s a circlejerk
    that would be a circle, where there is a lot of jerking going on, and no one holds their own.

Mars bars?

mattbibbings
    Free Member

“YANBU”:

Thread title is “Am I being unreasonable?” – reply is “YANBU”, so presumably “You Are Not Being Unreasonable.”

Proof if ever it were needed that women are perfectly unaware of how bloody difficult it is to work what they are talking about.

mogrim

If he’s only got a cheap bike like that what’s he worried about?

🙂

Cougar

It worries me slightly that we’ve linked to them and they’ve linked to us.

Cougar

Glitch bump.

scotroutes

Do we still have those?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Cranberry has made the definitive post

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They need an anacronym for “you are not being unresonable”?? How many times do they ask the question?? WHY DO THEY COMPLAIN SO MUCH!?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear…. (mumsnet)’ is closed to new replies.