• This topic has 138 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • Oh dear…. (mumsnet)
  • rogermoore

Cougar I’ll buy you a pint if you post that on there.

And I’ll get you a chaser if you add “unless you’re a hedgepig.”
    RM.

Tom-B
    Free Member

That prawns quote from binners link has literally won the internets!!!

Cougar

You are bad, bad men. Good work.

I think I’m going to decline though. I don’t really want to interrupt the flow of a thread discussing a lady who gets hot and sweaty and then goes out in her undergarments.

unklehomered
    Free Member

My husband’s best bike lives in the house. it is an expensive machine and lovingly cared for. In the winter he does bike repairs in the house (floor covered with old curtains etc so no mess). Most of the bikes live in the shed but sheds and garages are damper than houses. if the bikes have been out in the rain they come in the house to dry off first.
    You have to look after nice bikes if you want them to last.

OK, who is pretending to be a reasonable woman on Mumsnet as a troll?

verses

If I had a mumsnet account I’d be posting this (from SpokeShirts) as a reply to “Dinner in the shed” 🙂

grum
    Free Member

he does manage to do a lot of tinkering which mostly seems to consist of taking parts off of one and putting them on another, realising it doesn’t fit properly and then putting them back.

Strangely perceptive.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Before Flowerpower moved in my bikes spent a fair amount of time in the house. However she increased the number of bikes in the household by 200% and subsequently built me 3 new sheds in which to house the whole lot and perform maintenance (part fo the agreement was that I do all of this for her too!) Very Reasonable behavoir I think.
    (thanks babe, btw, when you get round to reading this…)

McHamish
    Free Member

(1k bike… they’d have kittens if they saw what some people here spend on bikes…)

Yeah, she can probably add 150% to get the actual value of the bike.

Given the tinkering he apparently does, you can probably add another £1k on new parts.

So by my calculations the value of DH’s bike is in reality £3,500.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Sssssshhhh, they’ll be over here and read that.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

We have just bought a bike shed, Asgard is the maker and made of metal, is the only shed guaranteed not breakable in to and will cover DH for insurance for his 1k baby bike.

Yeah she might want to google that particular model and find out what it is really worth… 😀

Edit : Beaten to it ^^

Cougar

We’re doing him a favour, what reasonable wife would suggest keeping three and a half grand’s worth of bike in a poxy shed at the other end of the garden?

teethgrinder

I wouldn’t keep the bike in the kitchen. It’d get in the way of the oven, dish washer and washing machine.

And get covered in flour and icing sugar.

hora
    Free Member

Noway I’m trolling mumsnet.

It happened on Pistonheads as well and the mumsnet lot gave it back in spades.

Never mess with the deranged-side of a womans psychie.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I think I must be getting too accomodating in my old age, as I usually keep my four in the garage and only bring them into the lounge to work on then when its a bit cold in there.
    To be fair, my “DW” doesn’t seem to mind the bike in the lounge too much unless the workstand is obscuring her view of the telly.
    Isn’t that what “spending quality time together” is all about?

portlyone

I only keep my bike(s) in the kitchen while it dries, then it lives in my bedroom.

My garage roof was ripped off to get at my pub bike…

DaRC_L

teethgrinder + 1 shurely the bedrooms a far better place for it

(mind you it was the first eviction when the to-be Mrs DaRC_L became a regular – but all the bikes now reside in their own brick outhouse)

BTW Argos Sheds

mrmoofo

Mumsnet – look no further to see why men have affairs and 50% of marriages end in divorce.

I can see why some people would prefer to live in the shed

annebr
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    “YANBU”:

Thread title is “Am I being unreasonable?” – reply is “YANBU”, so presumably “You Are Not Being Unreasonable.”

So now I see where the old saying “YABU sucks” comes from 😉

hora
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Actually, I think Hora might have sneaked in already

Maybe alittle TMI but its not just hygiene is it? Its weight but also WHAT you eat and drink, how much water etc.

Maybe this poster/woman needs abit of introspection. Products like ‘Fem-fresh’ etc were designed to mask the lazy/bad.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Our bikes live in the utility room, apart from when we’re on holiday when they migrate to the spare bedroom. When they need tinkering, rebuilding, etc, it either gets done outside or in the kitchen, depending on weather. Ideally we’d like a garage, but we don’t have a garage, so meh. The bikes are well maintained and secure, and so far we haven’t died of food poisoning from the bikes sneaking into the cupboards and molesting the foodstuffs.

We’ve talked about getting a shed and keeping a couple of the cheaper bikes in there to free up some space in the utility room (we could actually start keeping mops and stuff in there!), but there’s no way the full sussers are living in a shed. And good god, just keeping it outside under a cover? ARE THEY MAD?

Quite intrigued by the idea of wall hooks though – as Mr Toast is 6ft 6 we could put all his bikes up by the ceiling. We might even be able to fit in more bikes! AIBU?

Cougar

Quite intrigued by the idea of wall hooks though –

So am I.

Seems a bit of a waste to hang bikes on them though.

ononeorange

We still haven’t established where the Mumsnet poster keeps her bikes? I suspect that she is BVU and keeping hers in the dining room.

Pook

hora’s being quoted on MN

D0NK

Pook – Member

yeah and described as “from the cyclists…” can someone go on and point out “the views of hora do not represent the views…” etc etc

GrahamS

Ah good – that should convince them we are all entirely reasonable types who are deeply respectful of women 😀

Scamper
    Free Member

We are off to Centre Parcs on Friday 😆

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Have we answered the question as to what the OP was doing on Mumsnet in the first place?

althepal

I’ve just realised what Aibu threads are- thank goodness- I was getting worried about its “real” meaning!

marsdenman
    Free Member

1k… someone’s been telling porky pies…

Of course I love you.
    Your cheques in the post.
    I promise not to it only cost £500.00.. 😉

oh, seems mumsnet users also get confused by the acronyms – helpfully they have provided a list 🙂

ononeorange

There’s a heck of lot of reproductive-based ones on that list. Nothing about 29ers though for resons I don’t comprehend.

“Controlled crying”…..!!!

Cougar

DS

darling/dear son

DS

Down’s syndrome

That’s an unfortunate recipe for confusion.

hora
    Free Member

We are off to Centre Parcs on Friday

For a longtime the second hit to ‘center parcs’ on google was I’d rather take it up the arse than go to centre parcs.

I wonder how they managed to massage that hit further down/out of the way? 😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

Good luck with Centre Parcs Dan! Pack lube 😀

The thread about the woman with the putrid chuff is hilarious 😀

ratherbeintobago

No-one’s tackeld the really important question:

What tyres for the dining room?

portlyone

UCL

usual cycle length

Does Mumsnet have 26er v 29er debates?

fasthaggis

helpfully they have provided a list

SPD = symphisis pubis dysfunction

They don’t have one for flats

🙂

hora
    Free Member

On that thread there are some female posters with common sense. Why would you like 1k+ sat in a shed?

‘Its insured’ is alot of STW’ers response.

So is my FANCY TV but I really really would smash the neighbourhood up to find the scumbag if it was nicked. For that reason I wouldn’t leave it in a shed or garage. I don’t want anyone to profit from my property for free.

fasthaggis

but I really really would smash the neighbourhood up to find the scumbag if it was nicked

irelanst
    Free Member

I think she has a valid concern TBF, she probably has French doors in her dining room most likely leading out onto the patio that the DH laid just after his last bike hating wife ‘left’.

It’s only a matter of time before her DH comes home from a hard days graft to find her drowning herself in G&T because some big burglar has smashed her back doors in and then taken the bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear…. (mumsnet)’ is closed to new replies.