Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 615 total)
  • Official STW Zwift Club
  • giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’d be with you @reluctantjumper, but I like my wine on a Saturday night……

euain

Hi Rob,

Can you add me please? I’m trying to get back on the turbo – not up for races just now (maybe after Christmas). Time is short but will come along where I can.

reluctantjumper

Arse, had an issue with Zwift loading so missed the 8am start! Will try for the next one, going to do a workout instead.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Morning. I joined a few seconds late for the same reason. No one else around so thought I was behind on the road. Rode with @belugabob for a bit but saw no one else. Anyway, it all works, we just need some more riders.

AdamT

I’m added (thanks Robbo) but have a stinking cold, so will be sidelined for a bit 😞

belugabob
    Free Member

@slowpuncheur – as you found, I’m even slower ;)

Was nice to see at least one other person on the event, but it was quite nice to just ride up the mountain without being overtaken every few seconds.
    I’ve not ridden that climb before, so joining the event late at least allowed me to start it at a sensible place.

The point where you rode off ahead may have been because my wife interrupted, but I didn’t actually notice the breakaway ;)

Have never been a great climber (too many pies, I guess) but I’m working on it, and slowly getting there.

P.S. what gives with the belly dancing trees?

belugabob
    Free Member

As an aside, have you considered using something like discord, on your phones, to improve mid-ride communications?

Talking is easier than typing

savoyad

We do have a STW server on discord @belugabob – it’s mainly used for the TTT each Thursday, but we’ve also used it when racing together and for some social rides, esp longer ones etc. It tends not to be used by choice for things like Sunday Hills. For various reasons…
    But if you go ahead and suggest it in advance of a ride you’ll see what people prefer. Sometimes it’s popular, sometimes not. But that’s how it ends up in use.
    An invite link usually appears quite quickly when someone needs it: https://discord.gg/YvbW87qB

weeksy

LOL Awesome, currently me vs Savoyad for the Crit race on Weds lunch… errrrrm can’t see me winning that one :D

Is it open to public too Robbo ?

belugabob
    Free Member

@savoyad – that’s goods. I can see how it depends on the ride type, and personal preference.

👍

robbo1234biking

I’m not sure weeksy. It’s on zwift power and open to anyone but not sure if it shows up in the companion app list of events. It shows in my companion app but not sure if that is because I am in the club and if it is visible to everyone.

stumpy01

Prior to having to got back into the office I’d have been up for a Wed lunchtime race. But I’m at work (as in, in the office) Tues, Wed & Thurs.

iamtheresurrection

It’s on zwift power and open to anyone but not sure if it shows up in the companion app list of events

The link on ZP opens the event in Companion for me, on iOS.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I’d be interested in joining some longer rides at the weekends. Endurance Z2 stuff. I’m doing a bunch of endurance based training at the moment so Zwift races aren’t really for me (unless they’re 2+ hours).

Username is R8JimBob88

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Thanks for the add Robbo. I’ve gone and joined the Wednesday Crit….

nixie

Wednesday crit looks to be open. Just joined on as rain forecast here on Wednesday.

robbo1234biking

Im in for the lunchtime Crit as long as no-one puts any meetings in (I have blanked out my calendar!). Think we are up to 6 people now. Could gather some momentum.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I might make Wednesday, I was early shift over the weekend and I’m night shift all week. If I wake up and get out my bed I’ll join in.

weeksy

LOL oh joy…. we’ve got Nixie and Robbo too…. maybe i can lose 15kg by Weds !!!!

nixie

Don’t forget we will all be dead from climbers gambit.

robbo1234biking

OK so I have put a weeks worth of events in. It wont please everyone I am sure but I have tried to get a variety of courses, types of rides and times during the day. We cant saturate the calendar with events and it is better to have a small number of events that are well attended than lots of events that arent.

So the calendar for the next week is as follows (sign up on the link below or find them in the club calendar):

Friday 10th December
    Friday Post-Work Sprint Race – 16:30 – 2 Laps of the Innsbruckring (this is in Zwiftpower as a race)
    https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/2505232

Sunday 12th December
    Sunday Hills – 08:00 – Triple Loops
    https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/2505216

Tuesday 14th December
    STW Sprint Tuesdays – Sprinters Playground
    https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/2505221

Tuesday 14th December
    Tuesday Night Climb – Road to Sky – an alternative for those who dont want to sprint!
    https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/2505241

Feel free to share the links with your friends. The more the merrier! Non-club members should be able to join.

If anyone would like to lead any of the rides or sweep for them please let me know.

retrorick

If the weather is poor I might try for the Tuesday evening road to the sky meetup. Then go to the pub, assuming my post holiday PCR test doesn’t prevent me from doing social drinking 🤔

freeridenick
    Free Member

In for the Tuesday Night Climb…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Morning all, are there any spaces left in the club at all? All being well work will calm down a lot over the next week or so and with a bit of luck stay vaguely sensible so I might actually manage to get on Zwift out even my real bike again in the not too distant future.

richardkennerley

Reckon I should be in for the Tuesday night climb 👌

lewisdeacon

have joined tomorrow’s crit too

weeksy

Yeah we’re getting a few in now…. Looking forward to it… unless it splits early with the beasts on the front… :D

kirky72
    Free Member

Yes please!

Stick us an invite for any weekend morning group rides.

Anybody doing the festive 500 this year? I’m working over the holidays but have odd days off, some late starts and all the bank holidays off so should be able to squeeze it in.

nixie

I’d love to do the festive 500 but can’t see how to fit it in.

stumpy01

@kirky72 – I don’t think you get invites (well, I haven’t had any).

You have to go to the club page on the companion app & look for events there.

robbo1234biking

I have invited you to the club @kirky72

As stumpy says you wont get invites but all club events are available on the club page on the companion app. The app isnt running well on Android so I am also posting links to the races on here which you can see a few posts up there ^

v7fmp

what is the festive 500?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

500km between xmas and new year

v7fmp

ah cool. Is that an unofficial thing? Or does Zwift track your distance by signing up?

Sounds like a pretty decent challenge!

DrP

Hey hey…
    I’m very likely to make the Tuesday Alpe climb…
    If you want, I’m happy to be a pacer for those aiming for a sub 60 minute time??

I’d love to do the festive 500 but can’t see how to fit it in.

Ditto… i can barely fit in Zwift workout rides (as part of the build me up plan) alongside real rides and races, alongside work etc… I think i’m OVERTRAINING at the moment FFS… load up, VO2max down…

DrP

robbo1234biking

Yeh we plan on being away with family Xmas Eve until Boxing Day so would give me 5days to do it. I could jump on with a pace partner and clock up quick miles in the desert but seems a bit cheaty! At least last year I did the PRL full!

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

ah cool. Is that an unofficial thing? Or does Zwift track your distance by signing up?

Sounds like a pretty decent challenge!

No I think it originates from one of the original Strava challenges many years ago. Lots of people used to sacrifice family time at xmas to go and do long rides alone in the wind, rain, snow, ice… Fortunately virtual miles have counted towards it in recent years

v7fmp

cheers for the explanation jimbob. i might give it a bash!

robbo1234biking

Dont forget the lunchtime crit today people! Link below to sign up. 8 of us so far so should be good and something to break up the working day.

https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/2492799

weeksy

I’m ready… well, mostly… my right calf is tight, but it often is at the moment.. It’ll be fun…. you’re my goal :)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 615 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.