Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 615 total)
  • Official STW Zwift Club
  • DrP

Brian… Did you fall off the mountain?
    You’ve gone!

And to the others… It seems both Brian and I are both really hung over too!

Anyway… Just rolling down the epic, so better get back!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well that was hard work this morning! Cheers for coming mark & Ian.
    I think the ride to the inlaws later might be a bit less comfortable than I hoped!

bails

As I should have expected with you two the climb was pretty brisk, I didn’t have a hope of hanging on! Thanks for waiting at the top though and thanks for organising, without something in the diary it would have been all too easy to have a sunday morning lie in!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As I should have expected with you two the climb was pretty brisk, I didn’t have a hope of hanging on!

No need to, Sundays mornings are not for chasing. [which is why I let Ian go most of the way to the mast obviously, nothing to do with empty legs]

dirtyrider
    Free Member

anyone know if you get the bonus XP points every time you do a route, or just once the first time?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Just the first I think though I can’t say I’ve paid much attention to be honest

johnjn2000

I don’t know how I have missed this. To save me hunting it down, how do I join?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I can’t remember how to share an invite but if you drop me a DM with your zwift ID I should be able to send you one on companion

johnjn2000

@dangeourbrain, done, thanks

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Anyone up for Sunday hills tomorrow? I’ve created a meetup for makuri 40 @ 7.31

40k and 30 so not very hilly for a Sunday hills but…

Done as a meetup rather than a club ride so there should be a few other riders visible so give me a shout if you want an invite (sorry DrP you got one like it or not as I have to invite someone to create it 😂)

DrP

I are in!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yay! Now I won’t have to think about doing a run instead!

sturdylad
    Free Member

Could I have an invite please?
    Can’t promise to make it but if the dog wakes me up early I’ll try and join.

Thanks
    JB

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Could I have an invite please?

All being well you should have said invite.

In practice apologies to whoever randomly got an invite

DrP

🤔 I need to drink less on a Saturday night! 🥴🥱😵‍💫!

See you in a minute!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You’re not a medical student anymore!
    That’s said I never was and I also need to drink less on a Saturday night.

DrP

Tidy!
    Brian was off on some (secret) threshold workout for the first half 😂😂😆😆😳!

But a great ride.. Legs feel tested and it’s not even 9am!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yeah, that was a fair way to shake a hangover. thinking I should have gone for a run instead and I hate running but I’m not sure I’m going to be any more comfortable by 5pm after that than if I’d gone out in my skimpy shorts!

(I do seem to recall now that your leisurely pace and mine didn’t quite align when I rode that bit of the sdw with you, odd how you forget these things)

johnjn2000

So how does this work? I have the club on the companion app now and I see the chat section but how do you find the planned rides? I think they are normally in the ‘Club events’ section on the app but that is empty. Looks like I missed one last week (going by the mention of hills that’s probably a blessing)

geomickb
    Free Member

@dangeourbrain just sent message for an invite please

zilog6128

Not done any Zwifting for too long (or much of anything really!) for various reasons but right back on it now, motivation is currently high due to riding the new Scottish routes & now Tour of Watopia (anyone else doing these?) 😃

I take it the League racing died a bit of a death? Or is it coming back? Really enjoyed those!

Also, anyone got one of these? https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-pro-trainer-table
    Seems a bit overkill, although currently balancing everything on a wobbly stool which isn’t optimal! DCR seems to really rate it, particularly the addition of power (which I don’t actually need right now, but you never know). RRP seems a bit suss, although the current price does sound OK (it’s cheaper than when DCR reviewed it). Plus Wiggle have just emailed me a £10 voucher & I need a few other bits too 🤔

oopnorth
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the table but I am doing the tour rides when able, Scotland also opened today for general riding with the latest update. I quite like Scotland, it’s very lumpy, shame they couldn’t do some longer routes though.

I believe the League, TTT, Tuesday races, etc, are on hold for now, Just Brian and DrP keeping the Sunday Hills alive, I always seem to have other things on (or a hangover) on a Sunday morning.

stumpy01

zilog6128

Also, anyone got one of these?

Nope, but I do have the PlanetX version (with no power).
    I think I paid a similar price for that, and the Lifeline one looks nicer with the wood top & the power input. Not sure the power addition would have any real benefit to be honest, although I suppose this depends if you are using PC & monitior or a tablet etc.
    Planet X one only has 3 wheels while that one has 4 so probably more stable.

Anyway – it works really well and it was definitely worth the money. Not essential, but definitely a nice to have.

IHN

I quite like Scotland, it’s very lumpy, shame they couldn’t do some longer routes though.

Yeah, same, I rode all of it in about an hour.

ratherbeintobago

Had a go on it today; Glasgow section seems to be a load of city centre landmarks dumped in a random arrangement but ultimately it’s a game, isn’t it?

Didn’t they roll out extra routes with time in France/Makuri Is?

oopnorth
    Free Member

Makuri, yes, with the Island expansion not too long back. France, Yorkshire, Innsbruck, have always remained the same I believe, (actually maybe Ventoux was added slightly later). There seems to be quite a few roads in France (on the Ventoux climb for example), blocked and going nowhere, it would be nice to see some expansion with them, many look “gravel”.

I’d rather see some of these existing worlds opened up further, instead of adding new ones with short routes.

zilog6128

Had a go on it today; Glasgow section seems to be a load of city centre landmarks dumped in a random arrangement but ultimately it’s a game, isn’t it?

I think the whole point of the Scottish routes was to make exciting race routes with varied scenery (which does look great in 4k!) rather than long routes for fondos, etc

I did a few races on “City and the Sgurr”, seemed like a good course, not much flat and plenty of short-ish but sharp climbs!

IHN

I quite like the Innsbruck ‘short’ course, it’s good for a few laps with a push hard up the short but sharp climb, recover a bit, have a go at the sprint, recover for a bit longer and repeat. It’s basically intervals but with a bit of interest thrown in.

weeksy

Can’t honestly say i pay any attention to what’s going on.. more the undulations, the planning, the tactics, the rest, well, i just don’t much give it a consideration.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry but I can’t make this weekend Ian 😔

I’m going to dyfi Bike Park. I’ll let you know when I’m able to walk again.

mashr

Well my Zwift racing dream appears to be at an end – I’ve somehow been bumped up to A. I’m about 63kg with my FTP at around 4.1W/kg (260W or so) which means I’m just going to get shelled out of the smaller groups that A generally has, not exactly fun. Does anyone know if the system is dumb enough that piling on some, virtual, weight will immediately allow me back into B?

benman
    Free Member

@mashr I’m strictly an A at 65kg/290W, but most events allow me to race B. If I race A I get shelled almost immediately on the flat.

mashr

That’s what I’m expecting. Often have a wee look at A stats after a race, fully aware that my involvement would likely be measured in seconds. I do wonder if it’s being skewed by not doing as much of Zwift recently, but definitely no category enforced races letting me into B at the moment

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Weight doping is definitely a well established way to cheat if that’s what you mean, yes.

It’ll likely take a few races to drag you back down these days though.

On a different note, anyone fancy a Sunday hills this weekend (maybe tomorrow or Saturday rather than Sunday!)

mashr

dangeourbrain
    Weight doping is definitely a well established way to cheat if that’s what you mean, yes.

It’ll likely take a few races to drag you back down these days though.

Think you’ve got it backwards – I’d be adding weight, not removing. Making my wee Zwifty guy slower. I’m not winning B races as it is, so actually making it even less likely now

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m not winning B races as it is, so actually making it even less likely now

For what it’s worth, I occasionally tip into a, usually off the back of losing a few kg.
    I’ve always found the racing in A to be much better. B tends to be a lot of folk soft pedaling then thrashing out 6w/kg for the last few km in order to keep the average under 4.1 and stay in b.

A is definitely harder but it’s always felt like more of a group effort rather than just a bunch of people waiting for the sprint at the end.

The biggest problem with A is that the numbers are artificially low because people don’t like being in the bottom half of the results so fudge staying in B which means your screwed as soon as you lose a wheel.

DrP

A is definitely harder but it’s always felt like more of a group effort rather than just a bunch of people waiting for the sprint at the end.

Agreed… I’m low A class/v high B..
    I only really race in A, despite knowing that I’ll get beasted either in the final sprint, or up a hill near the end cos i’m blowing out my a$$!

You don’t actually get blown out the back in the first few seconds TBH… it’s normally towards the end…

Give it a go!

DrP

ta11pau1

So. Damn. Close!!

DrP

go check you ARE actually on the everest challenge still!!!!

DrP

ta11pau1

Ha, yeah that would be a disaster! Definitely still on it!

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 615 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.