Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Office farting etiquette.
  • arrpee
    Free Member

Had a conversation with work colleagues the other week which absolutely blew my mind. A majority of my (predominantly female) colleagues stated with absolute conviction that they went to the toilet to fart when in the workplace. What’s more, they were utterly aghast when I revealed that I didn’t.

Now, I was aware that some people did this, but always perceived it as an example of extreme behaviour by neurotic individuals who badly need to relax about life.

I did point out that they had hitherto been completely unaware that I had been stealthily guffing away in their presence without causing auditory or olfactory offence, a fact which they reluctantly accepted.

However, it seems that , in my office at least, I’m in the (silent) minority. Am I alone in thinking that going to the toilet to fart is absolute madness?

wwaswas

no one likes an eggy drifter in the workplace.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

No, allegedly girls do go to the toilet to fart. Strange but true.

That said, any kind of airbiscuit-floating is utterly frowned-upon in our office workplace.

sandwicheater

Your allowed to test the water. If minimal offence guff away.

binners

It depends what the nature of the bottom-burp is really. Normally I’ll surreptitiously release a quack as I wander across the studio. Sometimes in small quickfire fashion – smuggling ducks. But sometimes, when you’ve a massive build up, and you know your arse is going to go off like an H bomb, then you want to enjoy the moment to the full

I felt obliged to nip to the toilet to let one go the other day, to really do it justice. Sweet Jesus!!! It was like someone tearing a thick velvet curtain. I thought they probably heard it in the office anyway, due to absolutely massive decibel level. But alas on returning… no round of applause 🙁

glenh
    Free Member

I have my own office, so let rip whenever is required.

However, you can guarantee that someone will knock on my door within seconds, every time.

zokes
    Free Member

The only problem with farting in my office is that every man, woman, and their dog seems to want to stick their head in precisely five seconds later. And I can assure you, the guffage isn’t always a pleasant smell…

parkesie
    Free Member

In the work shop it’s considered good form to air drop in the vicinity or indeed as close as you can to some one who is n a particularly awkward stress position fitting the worlds most nadgery bolt.

scaredypants

I think that anything goes, as long as you remember to hold up your clenched fists to the sky in triumph if it’s a big one

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Loud and proud.
    Thats why I don’t work in an office.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I was chatting to a couple of teenagers that I teach the other day….the conclusion drawn was that farting is always funny no matter how old you get 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I’d agree with the ladies. If you’re in a busy office then farting is simply not on. Now it might be worth a tiny squeak to determine if your farts are smelly today but one observation I might make is that most people don’t think their own farts smell.

At home I’ll be slightly more relaxed about it, we do after all have a dog I can blame it on but I’ll still try and avoid doing it a room with other people in.

One thing I’ve noticed, is that some people simply can’t hold their farts in. When they need to fart, they fart which is bizarre. What kind of weak pelvic muscles do they have?

thepurist

Do ladies lock themselves in a cubicle to drop the f bomb or just let rip by the sinks? In one office I worked in it was good form to drop an SBD then call a colleague over to check some pointless detail, just waiting for their expression to change.

portlyone

In the office, no. The lift… 😈

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

PJM1974
    Free Member

The OP is clearly in error.

Everyone knows that girls don’t fart…

thegreatape
    Free Member

What TomB said

boxfish
    Free Member

Normally I’ll surreptitiously release a quack as I wander across the studio

Ah, the old “stinky drift” technique. My particular favourite. You have to judge your walking pace and carefully throttle the release to achieve maximum dispersal.

z1ppy

😀 @ Darth, was smuggling ducks a STW creation? (well the guys daughter)
    As I do thinks it brilliant.

nbt

Cropdusting FTW.

n3olp
    Free Member

I work in a office of only males. Farting holds the majority of the daily humor. If anything it is frowned upon if you do not fart. It is commonly said that farting is funny no matter how old you are. At the end of the day, the only difference between a child and a adult is the size of toys, right?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

At the end of the day, the only difference between a child and a adult is the size of toys, right?

Well, that and an increased risk of ‘following through’ with advancing years!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I work from home, in a small office, on my own 99% of the time. Thus, my farting etiquette consists of parting my cheeks at precisely the right aperture setting for maximum parp potential, then summoning the resultant reek to my nostrils with an ostentatious wave of the hand like Paul Hollywood does when he’s just pulled a freshly baked cob out of the oven.

I fear for me and any future colleagues if I am ever released back into the wild.

legend
    Free Member

nbt – Member
    Crop-circles FTW.
    POSTED 12 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

FTFY

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I work from home, in a small office, on my own 99% of the time. Thus, my farting etiquette consists of parting my cheeks at precisely the right aperture setting for maximum parp potential, then summoning the resultant reek to my nostrils with an ostentatious wave of the hand like Paul Hollywood does when he’s just pulled a freshly baked cob out of the oven.

me too!

I felt sorry for my colleagues when I worked in a shared office!, ok, I didn’t really.

stany
    Free Member

The other half sent me a text a couple of weeks ago on this exact subject.
    She works in a large open plan office, predominantly occupied by females, one of whom was allowing a silent fug to encompass the surrounding area.
    Point one proven – not all women fart in a cubicle.
    The next question was should she name and shame? Of course, yes! Especially if the guilty party is trying to keep it anonimous. Something along the lines of;
    ‘ear, Trace. D’ya reckon someone’s a bit ripe today?’ aimed directly at the offender!!

annebr
    Free Member

Large open plan office, guff straight into the chair cushion. No smell No sound.

Going to the loo to fart WTF!!!

Woody
    Free Member

In my office (station) some of the girls give as good as they get in both volume and odour.

There is one young lady who is particularly revered as undisputed champ in that department but only by those who don’t have to partner her on a vehicle!

arrpee
    Free Member

I find that the employment of a little fine motor control allows one to operate undetected.

As for toxicity, it appears that my colleagues sit far enough out of harm’s way not to be affected on the odd occasion when I inadvertently attempt to self-euthanize.

like someone tearing a thick velvet curtain

^Stealing this.

hillsplease

At my desk this morning’ Was that you?’ ‘Of course it was, it’s my turn, you’re next.’ My secretary can always be relied upon. I blame anti inflammatories for cracked ribs, everyone else just blames me. Which is fair. Farting is funny.

spacemonkey

I dropped one in the office when doing work experience aged 15. The woman on the desk nearest me swiftly grabbed a can of hairspray from her drawer and vigorously dispersed around her immediate vicinity.

Martin.B
    Free Member

In my quiet Yoga class, we were in a strong position starainign to hold it. Someone let one rip (one of the Lasses)
    Stopped the class for the next couple of minutes as we all had the giggles 🙂

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Double doors between the engineering office and the shop floor at my work. ‘Sealing one in the airlock’ is standard practice if someone will shortly be following you…

martinhutch

I generally pop out and share the happiness with the huddle of workshy smokers out front.

jamj1974

Don’t let it out. How can subjecting your colleagues to your rotten guts be considered ok…?

eskay

I work with a real ale drinker who sets fart traps. He will go in to a store room or cupboard, do the deed, close the door and retreat.

A good rule of thumb is to never go into an enclosed room here if the door is shut.

Some of his farts have a half life that is longer than uranium.

bruneep

I go into my managers office to “chat” then drop n leave.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I can have a whole morning with no visitors to my office, then post release, someone breezes in… You’d think they’d have learned by now!

thegreatape
    Free Member

You know those special boxes that the Securicor man in the back of the van passes through the hatch to the other Securicor man who is going into the bank’s counting room to collect the money from the pretty cashier?

Well, they’re airtight 😉

messiah
    Free Member

Save it for the lift.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Office farting etiquette.’ is closed to new replies.