Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Off to Coed y Brenin and Betws coed nxt week. Big it up for me.
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Havent biked in N.wales before. Tell me how cool the trails are. Any hidden gems??

Any campsite reccomendations??

crashdummy
    Free Member

Campsite

You'll love Code Y Brenin – and the natural trains in North Wales are great too – lots to do – enjoy.

footstomper
    Free Member

Camp site a couple of minutes up the road, can't remember the name just google sites close to the centre.

the trails at cyb are great just try and ride around with someone who knows the shortcut at the cafe half way around otherwise you will do 5 or 6km on shitty firetrack roads.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Just visited over the weekend – the trails are in great condition and the fireroads are to be viewed as an opportunity to get an easy training climb in 😉

Agree about the natural stuff too – worth trying to get a ride in around the valley towards Barmouth if you don't want to drive too far.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Biggity biggity Bong !!

J0N
    Free Member

I was there 2 weeks ago. Rode the Beast and Tarw. Nice trails, some excessive pointless fireroad (IMHO) just to make up the kms.
    We did Panmencho the day after CYB. Very nice trail but wear shin pads or long socks, the encroaching undergrowth is viscous. 😯

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Was up in Betws y Coed for the long weekend.

Can heartily recommend doing the Marin Trail and Penmachno with a break for lunch in between.

A nice campsite between the two is here. £6 a night and run by a very friendly/nice woman who is ALWAYS cleaning or emptying bins. I stayed at 2 other campsites in Wales that weekend, and Rynys Farm was the cheapest and nicest. Great views, too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

If you are running short of time, do Penmachno. Then just do the main climb and final descents of Marin rather than the whole thing: near the top of the long forest road climb, you get to a point where the return trail crosses you, in from the left and out to the right. Go right here to just do the final descents. They are really fun.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Thanks for that info people. Sorted out campsites. Gonna be a treat. Reckon we're gonna walk up Cadair Idris and Tryffan aswell. Oh and a spot of kyaking at llanberis.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Off to Coed y Brenin and Betws coed nxt week. Big it up for me.’ is closed to new replies.