Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Off road routes in or close to Newquay, Cornwall
  • danmac
    Free Member

Does anyone have any routes around the Newquay coast? Me and future Mrs Mac will be down there for a couple of days finalising wedding arrangements and we have a sunday afternoon free. Not looking for a mega xc loop or anything gnar, just hopefully a pleasant off road route. Thanks in advance

johnnymarone
    Free Member

Not a local, but spend lots of time down there.
    A rideable loop which i enjoy is newquay to holywell or vice versa across the cliff tops, say hello to the seals if you see them. Lovely little spin in this weather. Love Cornwall.
    Also, for a nice calm bimble on the bikes, follow the Camel Trail starting or ending in Padstow, nice track following the river. Bound to be super busy this time of year though.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

Interested to see how this develops, just got the missus into riding (bikes!) after a 30 year break. Would love to see other little spins for when were down there next.

towzer

https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/sports-and-activities/mineral-tramways-trails.htm

Ice cream on 2 coasts

We also cycled (quiet and off rd and cycle track) devoran, Truro, malpas, then put the bikes on the ferry (have to flag ferry down, manual overhead lift, walk gangplank, with nobody getting out of the way) to trelissick gardens and back

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I am currently in Newquay we rode Goss Moor Trail Yesterday which was nice and flat, spent about 2.30hrs youngest loved it eldest needed jumps apparently. If you pick up Trail from Domelick Hill Car Park (for about 6 Cars) laps about 8.5 miles.

Under 10 Miles from Newquay 15 Min drive at most sorry traffic dependant.

jam-bo

i go to cornwall quite a lot. i rarely, if ever take bikes.

walk the coast path, hire a paddleboard, go for a swim.

prawny

Same as jam-bo I don’t often take my bike but if I do cardinham is nice for a ride. It says it’s red but it’s not really, nice pootleroud the forest, there’s probably other routes too there or over the road at the place I’ve forgotten the name of…

wildc4rd
    Free Member

Not that far from Woodys bike park if you are at Cardinham, also great fun!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Off road routes in or close to Newquay, Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.