Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • odd burglar alarm fault
  • MadBillMcMad

So we had a power issue on the spur containing the alarm. The power was flickerring on/off & then turned off for about 16 hours whilst it got fixed.

Now power is restored & all looks provisionally OK.

However the alarm is not functioning.
    The lights are on but no one is home.
    The alarm light is illuminated, THE PIRs see me about, The remote(wired) panel is illuminated.

But the panel buttons do nothing, do not beep & the alarm can not be turned on.

Any thoughts ?

scuttler

We had a dodgy Veritas head unit shortly after changes were made to the sensor arrangement. I called the alarm company and from my description they were able to diagnose but still had to send an engineer out. It was a failed component on the board (maybe capacitor) but the unit was about 8 years old. It’s been fine since.

gaze
    Free Member

The back up battery will be knackered. The panel may need to be reprogram if the power has been off so long , back up baths are supposed last for 8 hours.

stof41
    Free Member

Chances are the battery is knackered. Power it down, mains and battery.
    Then power it up on mains only, should sort it. Sometimes they lock up if the battery gets too low. You can then reconnect the battery, it may charge up fine, best to check it after 24 hours.

MadBillMcMad

Cheers – I do reckon that both batteries need changing, so I’ll get that sorted.

Just thought it odd. Sort of assumed it would work now power is restored.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘odd burglar alarm fault’ is closed to new replies.