Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • O! M!! G!!! I can't believe I didn't know!!! PSA….
  • binners

My reputation lies in tatters. Its British Sausage Week folks. Apologies for the delay in announcing this, and thus robbing you of the opportunity of sausage based nommage afforded you on this celebration of pork-based loveliness.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You Git… 😆
    Mind I didn’t know either.. 😆

Best make up lost ground by eating 3 Days worth in one sitting.. 😯

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I read this whilst eating a sausage, egg and bacon sandwich. I feel my choice of lunch has been vindicated.

wwaswas

I had sausages last night. With mash potato, yorkshire puddings and onion gravy.

I had left over sausages in a sandwich with English mustard for lunch.

Every week is sausage week here.

[hijack]

you’ll like this binners: http://toys.usvsth3m.com/neverending-tory/ (warning contains Cameron plus sounds)

[/hijack]

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Really? RIGHT… Im off to the butchers, then tell the Mrs where she can stick her mediterranean cous-cous 👿

fasthaggis

I shall Pray for the sausage on this special day 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

captaincarbon – Member
    Really? RIGHT… Im off to the butchers, then tell the Mrs where she can stick her mediterranean cous-cous

Good job you got that the right way round… 😉

Sausage week all week at the work canteen (maybe Molgrips has similar – could ease the pain 😉 )

sandwicheater

Well that’s dinner sorted tonight.

We made some dark chocolate and chilli sausages that are now in the freezer. Txt to the Mrs to get them out (sausages that is), nom nom nom.

bearnecessities

Sausage casserole this Friday then. Tomato based, red peppers, onions, smoked paprika 😀

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yep … Bangers and bangers last night

We were having hot dogs in the back garden and I wouldn’t light the next rocket until the lad had finished his sausage.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Its British Sausage Week folks.

I’ve just listened to Prime Minister’s Questions and this wasn’t mentioned once. It’s political correctness gone mad.

scaled
    Free Member

Why didn’t I know about this? I had a bacon and egg barm this morning and the bloody deli didn’t mention anything about sausage week

footflaps

Phew, we had sausages for Dinner on Monday and we didn’t even know about the significance of this week. Must be God’s way of rewarding us with divine intervention in the online shop.

jamiea
    Free Member

Aye, sausages with tomatoes, pesto and pasta for dinner last night in ignorance.

Bloody handsome!

Cheers,
    Jamie

rOcKeTdOg

I had bangers,mash peas & gravy yesterday B-)

rOcKeTdOg

I had a bacon and egg barm

WTF is a barm?

yunki
    Free Member

Horrible German habit.. Some say we defeated Hitler, but this thread suggests otherwise

binners

WTF is a barm?

Its the proper name for bread-based product ideally suited for filling with breakfast materials. And also the biggest cause of heated pub debates in the entire country 😉

I found out it was national sausage week as Mrs Binners was on (famous/legendary) Bury Market, which is quite frankly the best place on earth to be when finding out about it. She’s got a selection for this evening. Be still my beating heart 😀

wwaswas

I went to a local woods that have a cafe last weekend.

They sell Bacon rolls for £5.50. They use slow baked Ciabata and special cured Sussex bacon, apparently.

A barm sounds like it would have brought the price back to the right side of 2 quid.

binners

Pfft! Ciabata should contain goats cheese, or rocket, or roasted peppers or some other poncey southern shite. Why on earth would you sully your bacon by putting it on that. You need…

😉

wwaswas

Fine baps.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Read the thread title and thought for a minute that pies had been banned!!

Dining our in Buxton tonight, I shall enquire of the maître d’ at Pizza Express if they are aware and demand that culinary oxymoron a veggie sausage.

Bunnyhop

Awaiting the delights of turkey with chestnut sausages for myself. Cracked black pepper sausages for mr bh. May have to make a toad in the hole with them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just popped downstairs to get a load of Pork Sausage from Waitrose..

Yippppeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8)

parkesie
    Free Member

Had chilli sausages with fried egg on tiger bread this morning much nomage. Had to delay my bike ride as i got a bit carried away and was stuffed.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

We go to our local gastro pub once a month, and tomorrow night is sausage night.

My wife’s online diary is currently telling the world that tomorrow night is sausage night. And then hopefully we’ll go out for dinner! 😆

speckledbob
    Free Member

I had a sausage butty for dinner today in a teacake. 😉

saleem
    Free Member

@captaincarbon
    Maybe she’s serving merguez sausages with your cous cous.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

She’s got a selection for this evening. Be still my beating heart

Well go steady or it may very will be.

ste_t
    Free Member

I am on a train, the missus is in Morrisons. She text a little while ago asking what I fancy for dinner. Sausage & mash was the easy answer. No reply needed, but what I got was…

“Good choice. I was just thinking about putting a sausage in my face!’

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL!

I’m fresh out of sausages, and I usually go to t’butchers, but I can’t get there this week. I’ll have to go t’Waitrose I suppose

Thanks for the PSA though 🙂

nbt

Toad in the hole, served with mashed potatoes, peas, and carrot and swede

Full now

burp

Edit – Mrs NBT has asked me to clarify that *she* made the Toad in the hole, while I did the “accompaniments”

grum
    Free Member

nbt wins the thread.

Anyone tried making their own sausages?

binners

Dear lord, I’m stuffed! Top notch Toulouse sausages though. I was debating what to do to accompany them, but decided to opt for simplicity. On a butty they went. Lovely!

BUUUUUUURP!

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Anyone tried making their own sausages?

yup = had a hand operated sausage stuffer (50p charity shop) which was guff, then got the sausage making attachment for my Kenwood Chef which, once you get the hang of the speed at which the sausages come out was awesome.
    Great fun, but living near a nationally recognised multi award winning sausage making champion (who does let me have causings pretty cheap right enough) means I buy more tahn make.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Its a **** cob, not a ‘barm’. Northern shite 😉

wiggles
    Free Member

It’s a roll… Or once filled a buttie

grum
    Free Member

It’s a bap surely.

Cheers ChubbyBloke – might give it a try sometimes but I’ve not got a Kenwood.

Bunnyhop

Our sausages were from the local butcher, who has about 10 different flavours, not just for sausage week.

I would like to keep a pig but nbt won’t allow it in our bedroom.

jamiea
    Free Member

WTF is a barm?

A barm cake is a bread roll from oop north that was originally leavened with the frothy, yeasty head (the barm) on fermenting beer, giving the rolls a light and airy texture.

Cheers,
    Jamie

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘O! M!! G!!! I can't believe I didn't know!!! PSA….’ is closed to new replies.