Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Nurburgring MTBing
  • mick_r

Has anybody ridden the MTB trails that surround the Nordschleife? We need to break a journey in that area and wondered about a bit of mtb based spectating (I’ve already googled it a bit and found some photos and map of the mtb stuff).

Also does anyone have personal recommendations on places to stay?

Any other Eiffel Mtns info also welcome.

atlaz
    Free Member

Depends when you go as to whether you’ll even get a place to stay. It gets rammed with petrolheads of all kinds on big weekends like Easter and bank holidays. We stayed at Hotel Zur Burg which is right in town about a mile from the track entrance and is as good a place as any to kick off. There’s a few hotels in the town itself and outside that, a good place to try is Adenau. For food, Pistenklause and Lindenhof in Nurburg are good places to hang around for a bit.

There is apparently trackside trails all along and I know for the bits we walked (it snowed a LOT when we went) were fire-road style. A good amount of climbing and descending as you’d expect.

For spectating, try Adenauer Forst. Plenty of fun to see and then you can roll down the hill back into Adenau for lunch/dinner. If not check this site out

mick_r

Cheers for the link – that Northloop site is very useful. I guessed it might get pretty busy with car loons….. I’ve found a proper map so can probably now link together what we need to keep a car mad 7yr old mtber happy 🙂

I found this yesterday if of any interest http://danielkennett.org/?p=121#more-121

atlaz
    Free Member

Go and hang out in the car park and talk to people. You’ll be surprised how many people will be happy to let your kid sit in/on their expensive machinery. People are quite friendly and up for a chat, particularly if the track is closed and they’re just killing time.

If you’re driving down there and have a helmet, throw it in the car as you might get an offer of a passenger lap and a lot of the regulars won’t do quick laps with un-lidded passengers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nurburgring MTBing’ is closed to new replies.