Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nukeproof Scout 290
  • widge34
    Free Member

Anyone ride a Nukeproof Scout? Is it more compliant than other aluminium frames?
    Some reviews say it is.

Just want real world opinions. Thanks

Blake

I’ve got one – it’s good fun! Haven’t ridden a hardtail for ages so no real point of reference as regards how ‘stiff’ it is compared to others. But it rides well, geometry is nice.

Northwind

The one I testrode might be a previous version now, not sure, but it was very stiff. Really excellent bike though apart from that (I don’t like a stiff frame, others do, so it’s not like it’s a fault)

andy88
    Free Member

I’ve got one and find it really quite a nice place to be, last hardtail I had was a chromag rootdown and I find the scout way more comfortable.

stupot
    Free Member

Love mine. Light fast and confidence inspiring.
    Can’t say it feels that stiff compared to the steel frames I had previously owned; but that maybe down to bigger wheels with 2.6 tyres!
    Not much help, sorry!

taxi25
    Free Member

I had the pre geometry update model. Really liked it and it rode well. But it was stiff, compliant isn’t the word I’d use to describe it.

kiksy
    Free Member

I too have the pre geo update model (2017).

It is very stiff, to the point of being harsh in many cases. I do have quite a small low volume tyre on the rear which probably doesn’t help.

SirHC

It’s an aluminum hardtail, it’s stiff as a stiff thing.

IMO, fit big tyres, 2.3 minimum. I made the mistake of fitting 2.1s for a bit, you need that give in the tyre.

On my second one now (it replaced a Smuggler), sold the first one as replaced it with a trek fuel, then another Smuggler, which has since been replaced with a Reactor. Scout will be built up with bits I’ve got about and will keep it for local winter stuff and riding to work on.

It’s a trail bike geometry without the rear suspension, really good, just don’t expect it to be comfy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Scout 290’ is closed to new replies.