Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • NSFW URLs on Swear filtered thread titles
  • orangespyderman

There’s a URL on the thread about the (awful) deaths in the back of the lorry that really isn’t SFW. The title itself has been caught by the swear filter but the URL hasn’t… I’m not offended but I am at work and wonder if this can be sorted in any way…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Always has it been thus.

Doubt anyone will do anything about. We had the C Bomb as one our most popular search terms for about six months….

wwaswas

report the post.

toby

It looks like a mod has updated the URL, however the full swear is still appearing in the page title (which shows in task list and the tabs at the top of the browser).

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Apologies if I swore a little on that thread, but like 39 people have lost their lives in what is most likely a horrific fashion.

Consider me on the naughty step, my offended friends.

Drac

Mods can’t change the url but looks like the Tech guys have. I added to the rather none descriptive title.

Easier for us if you report threads next time OP as sometimes it’s pure chance if we see things on the forum.

nbt

Page title (which shows in the browser tab) is still showing the original, I’ve reported. Again will probably need the tech team to sort that

gobuchul
    Free Member

Is that word really an issue to anyone anymore? I mean you hear it on Radio 4 before 7 o’clock.

Cougar

Mods can’t change the url but looks like the Tech guys have.

Yes we can – I changed it, not Tech.

If it’s still present somewhere then I’ve missed that, I’ll have another look.

Please use the “report post” link for stuff like this.

Cougar

… how about now?

orangespyderman

Sorry – I will report next time. I did look for a way to report without having to click back on it (and therefore have the rude word filter on the proxy ping again) but I’d moved off the thread page. Bad decision/judgement on my part, but still a bit surprising the swear filter ignores rude words in some places but not others.

So, apologies for the noise and apologies for being the one that comes across as easily offended as a result of my own bad judgement, and thanks to techs/mods/superheroes that sort this stuff out for us. Well, me 🙂

nbt

fixed now cheers @Cougar

nbt

[strong]gobuchul[/strong] wrote:

Is that word really an issue to anyone anymore? I mean you hear it on Radio 4 before 7 o’clock.

personally no but in a corporate environment, perhaps it might be an issue

perchypanther
    Free Member

*awaits Cougars ” Swear filter is a blunt instrument / Scunthorpe” speech

gobuchul
    Free Member

personally no but in a corporate environment, perhaps it might be an issue

I’m glad that I don’t work for an organisation that would give a shit about it.

The fact that people are wasting time on here, while at work, should be more of an issue.

gobuchul
    Free Member

So the filter ignores it in the message body as well!

Sorry about that, I thought it would get picked up!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Try something a little stronger.

Like ****

or ****ing ****

Cougar

I did look for a way to report without having to click back on it

If all else fails you can always email moderator@. (Offering a suggestion, not a telling off!)

still a bit surprising the swear filter ignores rude words in some places but not others.

*awaits Cougars ” Swear filter is a blunt instrument / Scunthorpe” speech

Quite. The filter is far from perfect.

fixed now cheers

Groovy, thanks for the feedback.

Drac

Yes we can – I changed it, not Tech.

Not on my iPad.

hols2
    Free Member

I thought that too, until I saw how it turned out.

https://www.penisland.net/

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘NSFW URLs on Swear filtered thread titles’ is closed to new replies.