Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Now, this is a story all about how My life got flipped-turned upside down
  • kimbers

Cougar

Well.

That could go either way really, couldn’t it.

stevious

Maybe the whole thing will be underwater and it’ll be more like a live action Spongebob. Here’s hoping.

kimbers

I believe its going to be a bit more gritty realistic social commentary 😳

TheBrick
    Free Member

Well.

That could go either way really, couldn’t it.

Well the trailer doesn’t fill me with hope.

Plus who will be jazzy Jeff and will they be able to do the Peter Piper routine?

matt_outandabout

What was that thread about Hollywood remaking old things, the malodorous swines…

Drac

Can’t be any worse than the original.

kayak23

redthunder
    Free Member

@drac

Thats true! 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

Lived with a guy like carlton^^ really camp and really homophobic.

redthunder
    Free Member

chakaping
    Free Member

Now that’s what I call a sticky wicket.

How do you re-do something that depended so much on the talents and charisma of its cast members? Obviously you go in a different direction rather than direct remake, but it’s still gonna get panned unless it’s really, really good.

Next up a Seinfeld reboot?

Cougar

How do you re-do something that depended so much on the talents and charisma of its cast members?

It’s a tricky one, isn’t it. On the one hand, successful older shows were often lightning in a bottle; on the other we’re basically saying “there are no good actors any more.”

Battlestar Galactica is probably a good example here. I remember when they first announced a reboot and the bottom half of the Internet melted. Recasting Dirk Benedict’s iconic Starbuck as a woman? You’ve ruined my childhood, etc etc. As it turned out, it was really good. (OK, the ending was abject twaddle, but here we are.)

Fresh Prince though… I dunno, when you think about it the premise is pretty thin. Street kid goes to live with rich family and… uh, that’s it. That’s not a lot to hang your hat on for a reboot. As you say, it was basically a vehicle for Will Smith to be Will Smith.

Jakester
    Free Member

TheBrick

Lived with a guy like carlton^^ really camp and really homophobic.

Cool story bro.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Now, this is a story all about how My life got flipped-turned upside down’ is closed to new replies.