Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • November…..
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Can you imagine what it’d be like living in Calfornia

An acquaintance lives in San Diego and they hardly ever think about the weather. It rains (heavily) right on schedule one afternoon then the sun comes out and it dries up.

That’s it there is no weather as such

tenfoot

Nice, but just think of all the fun you’d miss not slithering around in the mud.

Good for the skills 🙂

officialtob
    Free Member

what can you do other than don some decent kit and go out and have fun.

+1

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Just driven back over Strines in the Dark Peak – water running off the moors in torrents, lots of standing water. The peaty bits will be a bog this weekend. 🙁

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

We now to blame:

teamhurtmore – Member
    Please don’t (if you use them at all), it will start to rain if you do”

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mudguards-is-it-safe-to-take-them-off-yet

Plus me, as I bought some new RR tyres last week! Great timing 🙁

I am going out tonight come what may – nice ride, a bit of wendy (Chelski) and the light entertainment that is Shuralan. Log fire sounds like a good idea. Now where is the cold weather kit…..?

molgrips
    Free Member

Chuffin warm when the sun does come out though!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

It’s not easing up yet. I may have to resort to going swimming tonight instead

Gary_M
    Free Member

If I look out the windows on the north side of the building the chances of a dry ride home looking slim, if I look south its going to be a lovely sunny ride.

molgrips
    Free Member

Arranged to go on a 2 hour ride on Sunday morning – indoors! Hooray for velodromes!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Riding 5-8 felt like July, Then torrential rain on way home bought me back to November – I have never seen such appaling road conditions. Really scary driving!

MrOvershoot

Well in the end is wasn’t that wet on our evening ride, sure we all got a bit splattered but it was sunny & I got the wind direction right with the route I chose 🙂 and apart from the heaters not working outside at our pub stop the pint was great.

Though my mate who remembered he had left his CamelBak at the pub 5 minutes after we set off is a plonker 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Put the heating back on this morning.

This evening I took mini-aracer to the FoD for a bike race and we got a lovely warm(ish) sunny evening for it. Quite pleasant to sit around outside and watch kids riding their bikes around. We then sat by the river to eat our sausage and chips supper. I don’t know what you’re all complaining about.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘November…..’ is closed to new replies.