Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • November…..
  • tenfoot

…..is back.

Bah

lucien

Meh, grim

scaredypants

yeh, I was just wondering if I’d been asleep for 6 months 😥

noteeth
    Free Member

It’s like I had a dream about dusty singletrack… and then I woke up.

It seemed so real. 😕

kimbers

yay tomorrow is my first chance to go for a ride since slogging through hail and thunder at inners enduro a few weeks back

oh freakin joy even if the forecast is dry tomorrow im gonna be riding through a bog so just had to spend the evening getting the winter hardtail rideable again

kimbers

yay tomorrow is my first chance to go for a ride since slogging through hail and thunder at inners enduro a few weeks back

oh freakin joy even if the forecast is dry tomorrow im gonna be riding through a bog so just had to spend the evening getting the winter hardtail rideable again

I feel like ive missed summer

kevj
    Free Member

Well, sorry, but I disagree (from a geographical pov). I went out tonight and rode dry dusty trails to a back-drop of blue sky and fluffy white clouds.

I just hope it lasts.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Weatherman just said “…not looking great for the weekend either…”

FFS!!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Getting a bit bored of the constant crap weather. Will we ever have a decent summer again?! Last one i remember was 2006. Nothing beats a week of Hot (above 30 Celcius) sun, then maybe a big bang thunderstorm to take the mugginess out the air and then start over again building temperatures up. But the only chance i’ll get that is when i go Back to Rhodes in September.

Cold, wet and miserable outside. And ive got the fire on full blast.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m kind of resigning myself to the fact that this is climate change in effect..

We’ve had this short April/May summer followed by rain and wind for a good five years now..

I think we just have to face up to the fact that the Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter of our youth was simply a delightful but fleeting transitional period and that we are now into a new pattern, or perhaps even back into the normal pattern..

Our island has a very long history of being godforsaken with regards to the weather

Lifer
    Free Member

Muddy trails never used to bother me i’d just take the road bike out. Now all the nice quiet roads round my way are crumbling away to nothing, already need the FS on some stretches! On the plus side I’m riding in the drops more now after losing both hands off the hoods hitting a pothole. That was not fun.

I did think about taking the guards off. For about a second!

We’ve not even had the April/May Summer this year – a few frikkin days doesn’t count. I really thought after that godforsaken winter that we might be in for a change this year. Not sure how much more of it I can take tbh!

Read on the front of a tabloid yesterday not to expect a summer again due to that bloody jetstream 😥

jekkyl

Hang on in there Lads, summer’s on it’s way.

eskay

I had a coat and gloves on riding into work this morning!!

It all changed a week or so ago when I decided it was time to switch to shorts. Perhaps I should put longs back on!

manton69

I know Jo B gets a bit of a bad press round here sometimes, but this sums up the current weather beautifully :

Pigface
    Free Member

Yesterday I was outside all day and got soaked, today come into work and the heating is off, we are all sitting around in coats. Its June in a smidge over 2 weeks! 😐 bleak very bleak.

Stoner
    Free Member

Hands up if you lit the fire last night 😳

Hardly ridden for 5 months because the ground’s been so crap, then head out yesterday (with Bear of this ‘ere forum) in the pouring rain. Actually quite enjoyed it. Probably ought to stop being such a pussy and get out more.

binners

I was going to ride in this morning. When I woke up I didn’t even need to look out of the window to make a decision, I could hear the rain absolutely lashing, horizontally against the window.

Weirdly, if it is actually November then I’ll be more inclined to MTFU, get up and ride in anyway. Because you expect the weather to be dull, dark, wet, cold and windy in November. When its mid May (FFS!!!) I’ll sigh depressingly, fart, roll over, have an extra half hour in bed, then drive in. 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@kimbers,

C’mon mate. That link is wasted on this thread. It needs a whole new (10+ pages?) thread of its own. 🙂

mactheknife

I can honestly say i have ridden more this year than usual by this stage.

Been pretty dry up on the east coast of Jockland. Apart from some crazy rain forecast on Saturday its looking pretty decent for the foreseeable as well.

edsbike
    Free Member

It’s hardly been constantly bad. We’ve just had two weeks of pretty damn fine weather for a British spring. Man up.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

the weather is utter bobbins. My kids have not seen a proper summer, but what can you do other than don some decent kit and go out and have fun.

Keeping the clocks on BST would, IMHO, help as it would mean that evenings are at least a bit lighter and wet, rather than dark and wet and ****.

jam-bo

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-22536139

Snow on dartmoor last night. Been about 10 yrs since I’ve seen snow this late in the year.

binners

Has anyone mentioned hosepipe bans yet?

cheers_drive

Sorry lads it my fault – I have test match tickets for Sunday. Mrs CDs first test match and judging by the forecast I imagine it will be her last.

bwfc4eva868 – Member
    But the only chance i’ll get that is when i go Back to Rhodes in September.

My friends are on holiday in Rhodes at the moment and the it has been raining since they arrived on Saturday.
    Much of Europe have had this bad weather too.

It is awfully depressing though.

pipnet1
    Free Member

My commute this morning nicely disproved the “No such thing as bad weather, only bad kit” thing. The only waterproof thing that proved to be actually waterproof was my bag cover. Everything else didn’t last long. I don’t mind so much in January, but in mid May it’s rather annoying.

I’m going camping/riding the first week and a half of June, so not expecting it to get better….. sorry.

tenfoot

I know it’s predictably English to moan about the weather, but come on.

Just got used to coming home and putting the bike away without cleaning the mud of of it and myself for 20 minutes, twice a week. Will be out tonight, anyway.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Hands up if you lit the fire last night

Not me. I lit it in the morning.

I only stopped having fires for a week. We’ve been having them for 9 months now!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I usually ride once at the weekend (generally on road) and once in the week (or, on a good week, 2 or 3 times). I can see that the weather is horrible out of my window, yet I don’t remember having too many unpleasant rides because of it. I reckon you commuters out there notice it more and for that you have my sympathy.

That said, I have plans for a long evening ride tonight and had hoped it would be a *touch* nicer than it is.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I call it Mayvember, still wearing full finger gloves this morning on the commute. I did wear mitts a couple of days last week but regretted it on Friday half way through a 20 mile ride home in pissing rain with completely numb hands. Awesome for mid May!

patriotpro
    Free Member

To add insult to injury my car’s thermo seemed to be saying it was 3degs outside this morning.

It’s obviously faulty as it’s the middle of May… 😐

binners

Looks like mine’s faulty too then. It said exactly the same 🙁

mugsys_m8

It’s been bobbins here near Greonble and beyond too. Our road clubs annual training camp in mid march down near St. Raphael was a wash out for the second half. It’s usually wall to wall sunshine. Even when we have a few days proper weather for Spring here, it rains in the next few days. Or it’s grey and just depressing, like today. Farmers are all getting depressed.

binners

I think the perpetual greyness thats the worst thing. If it was absolutely biblical downpours, blizzards or thunderstorms then at least it’d be interesting.

But it just this constant blanket of nondescript, grey dullness that has just enveloped everything for what seems like an absolute bloody eternity. Its utterly depressing

Coyote
    Free Member

I had a cheeky pre-work ride planned this morning. The bike stayed in the garage and I went for a run instead.

MrOvershoot

I think mine might have reached the dizzy heights of 5deg but TBH I was paying more attention to avoiding the lakes on the road while trying to peer through torrential rain & wipers on double speed!!

I’m supposed to be out riding tonight so I guess the chance of a nice pint outside at the end will be remote :/

jekkyl

Can you imagine what it’d be like living in Calfornia with almost constant wall to wall sunshine, lots of golden sandy trails and forests to ride almost all year round with perfect weather, torture.

ThePinkster

My bro in law is flying in from his home in Manilla today because he thought it would be nice to visit the UK in May.

Boy is he in for a bit of a shock!

ell_tell
    Free Member

I’m contemplaing buying a new waterproof for the summer ahead. And we still have to have the central heating on as its v cold at night – its almost bloody June for christs sake 🙁

But fear not, I’m on hols 10th – 21st June of June and legend dicates that whenever we go away the uk experiences a heatwave.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘November…..’ is closed to new replies.