Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Not Quite New Bike Day (Spray.bike content)
  • honourablegeorge

My old RoadRat, repainted in Spray.Bike Coldharbour Lane and rebuilt with a few new bits and a bunch of orange Hope bits I had in the shed.

swanny853

That looks great!

I’d quite like to repaint my poo espresso brown roadrat and was eyeing up spray.bike. How hard was it? What did you do for the downtube wrap?

honourablegeorge

Not hard, but I made lots of
    little mistakes, so there are spots where its not as smooth as I’d like, but for a diy job, I’m happy. Spray Bike’s instructions are good, if you’re less of an impatient idiot than me and follow them closely, you’ll get a nice finish. The colours if you overspray or spray from too far away can get a bit grainy, the lacquer can run – I found myself spraying over the seattube and creating a bit of a run when I was spraying the stays – it all just needs a bit of patience, doing it slowly in stages.

I ordered decals and headbadge direct from Cotic, although the decal is a bit thicker than I wanted for lacquering over. I’d have been more picky, but this was just reviving a battered old frame so I wasn’t super fussy.

misledyouth

That looks really smart! Just built up a roadrat “for my wife.” Great bike for nipping around town!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.