Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Not much hope for any sort of road safety justice then.
  • PJay
    Free Member

There have been plenty of threads on Singletrack about appalling sentencing for dangerous drivers who have killed or injured cyclists and I’ve tended to put them down to a real prejudice against  cyclists in the population in general.

I live and cycle in the country and whilst I’ve been aware that many road users seem to expect that the cyclists themselves are responsible for mitigating the effect of others’ dangerous driving, I’ve tended to notice a higher degree of responsibility and care around horses and would have assumed that this would also be reflected in legal system’s prosecution and sentencing (wrongly it would appear).

The driver who hit the horses was not prosecuted. East of England Ambulance Service confirmed it did not treat the driver for a suspected stroke or any other medical concern at the time.

There doesn’t seem to be much hope for any of us!

kerley
    Free Member

I’ve tended to notice a higher degree of responsibility and care around horses

I dream of getting the respect when riding my bike that horse riders get.  Presumably because the driver thinks a horse may damage their precious car more than a bike would…

dissonance

That was a couple of years back. Looks like they got to do a improvement course instead of prosecution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Not much hope for any sort of road safety justice then.’ is closed to new replies.