Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • north york moors routes
  • charliemort

with inevitable postponement of Moors 100, looking for plan 728….

never ridden ion north york moors, so was really looking forward to it. Anyone know any good routes there, possibly as a 2 day bike pack stopping over at high paradise farm (where the moors 100 was going to overnight)?

thanks

snotrag

This book – https://www.v-publishing.co.uk/books/mountain-biking/north-york-moors-mountain-biking/

despite being written quite a while ago, is still very relevant.

For a 2 dayer you could incorporate both the Sutton Bank Area and across to Hutton-le-hole where you can also drop into Dalby Forest quite easily to mix up your trails. Further towards the coast there is a decent amound of rolling ‘cycle path’ type trails and old railway stuff for some easier miles.

chestrockwell

I’ve done a few great routes up that way. There are a few classic rides in and around Danby that appear in all the route books. We did a route that basically follows the skyline in a circle that passes through Danby, Lealholm, Glaisdale, Danby Beacon and near to Botton from memory.

Also done a route that starts at Goathland, passes the Hole of Horcum and winds over the moor to near Pickering then back again. Both lovely rides and could easily be combined over a couple of days.

I’ll try to dig out my guide books but the routes round there are well know and should be easy to find

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

charliemort
    with inevitable postponement of Moors 100, looking for plan 728….

never ridden ion north york moors, so was really looking forward to it. Anyone know any good routes there, possibly as a 2 day bike pack stopping over at high paradise farm (where the moors 100 was going to overnight)?

thanks

Pretty much what im thinking as well 🙂 .. Ive got a previous gpx route of the moors 100 , was gonna have a look at that over the next few weeks and have a bash , I’ve rode quite a bit of the older route as live local-ish to the moors , Just waiting for a shifter to turn up before I can rebuild the bike packing bike

duckers
    Free Member

Infinite route to be honest depending where you want to start and what terrain you want to include.
    Rosedale railway route is a cracker, you could start at Great ayton or guisborough and take in captain cooks, kildale, ingleby incline, Rosedale railway, Rosedale chimney, Danby, Whitby, cinder track to Scarborough, or so a coastal based route.
    Loads of MTB tracks, loads of gravel type riding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘north york moors routes’ is closed to new replies.