Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • "Normal" holiday with added mountain biking
  • flyingmonkeycorps

T’other year the Mrs and I had a lovely week in the Basque Country, and I had a cracking day’s riding with Basque MTB. We’d like to do something similar this year – stay somewhere with good food, a bit of culture and either a beach or some nice hills, with a decent option for me to bugger off for a day and hire a bike and get shown around some trails.

Any suggestions? Preferably somewhere within easy flying range from the UK, and fairly sunny.

joefm

Madeira.

flyingmonkeycorps

That looks amazing. And possibly perfect.

zilog6128

Just got back from a week in Tenerife where I had a days riding with the STW-approved Lavatrax. Was brilliant, would definitely do it again if I go back! Obviously a very busy/touristy place but nowhere near as bad as I’d feared. Probably be deeply unpleasant in the summer 🙂

Tracey

Finale

globalti
    Free Member

Stay at this Finca in Soller: http://www.cas-sant.com/ stroll down to the Tramuntana bike hire shop 10 minutes, hire road or mountain bike, ride while Mrs FMC enjoys the finca’s two pools and the amazing breakfasts, walk into Soller for dinner or tram to Port Soller. Sorted.

Just don’t hire a car at the airport and get ripped off- ask the Finca to recommend a local taxi company.

ads678

The Alps.

binners

Just back from Fuertoventura. 10 days there, with 3 days riding. It was rubbish…

😀

zilog6128

Looks a bit too steep for my liking on the beach in that first pic.

flyingmonkeycorps

Mint. Some cracking ideas here, cheers folks.

geoffj

Looks a bit too steep for my liking on the beach in that first pic.

Perfect for water skiing though.

joefm

I should have expanded. Just done a week in maidera. Temperate climate so about 20 ish degrees throughout winter. Not much rain.

Spectacular scenery and loads of varied trails. So 1 day will not be enough.

Only issue is you need uplifts/transport but if you’re getting guiding that won’t be an issue.

People there are friendly, good food too. And you can go whale watching.

hp_source

Another thumbs up for Tenerife and Lavatrax – been out riding a couple of times whilst over there, great routes, great scenery.

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Another vote for maderia for previous reasons. Freeride maderia sorted days bike hire, guiding/uplift and picked me from hotel
    Enduro world series trails are ace!

Correct one day not enough need to go back for a full biking holiday 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘"Normal" holiday with added mountain biking’ is closed to new replies.