Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nordic shed owner reviews photos
  • sirromj

I need a new shed and after reading a few stw shed posts am looking at Nordic timber buildings.

They seen very competitively priced to the extent I can get a 10×8 with upgrades £350 cheaper the cheapest local shed supplier with similar spec.

Usage will be for storing 4 bikes, work bench, cabinets/shelves for tools, with space for bike maintenance (hopefully).

Anyone have any feedback regarding security of hinges and doors and bolts. If anyone has any interior photos and detail shots they’re happy to post that would be fab!

arcing
    Free Member

I have one of their 12×8, with extra height, toughened glass windows, and the 2ft side canopy.
    I’ve been really happy with it. Really robust and is standing up well after 4 years. One of the doors has dropped slightly, but that’s partly down to the kids hanging off it I think.

I’ve added electrics, mini-guttering and cut in an extra window at the back. The only design flaw is the bottom of the windows, in heavy rain (and we are very exposed) the water runs down the windows and into the shed. Not a major issue, but I keep meaning to get round to making up some windows sills so I can seal it.

Hinges are nothing special but do the job. Mine only came with spinning catches, so you’ll need to buy handles, and a hasp and staple lock or something similar to secure it.

I’ll get some pictures for you later.

arcing
    Free Member

Shed
    Shed again

sirromj

Thanks for the pics. Shows me what I wanted to see, was curious about the framework. There’s no triangulation in there. Perhaps the cladding is more than just the cladding! But if it’s sturdy it’s sturdy. Though the roof looks to be drooping a little in the middle.

Keep wondering if I should stretch to 12×8 instead of 10×8. Planning to have door at one end, and hooks for hanging four bikes vertical somewhere with quick & easy access to each, a smallish workbench, shelving a few filing cabinets etc, and still be able to do some bike maintenance in there as well.

I bought a 12 x 8 Nordic shed 3 years ago. Its big enough to fit an Asguard bike store square on at the back (takes up the full width, but it does fit).

No problems at all. Gave it another coat of waterproofing oil this spring and the water glides off it.

Our roof sags a little exactly as the photo above, but thats just a feature from the way its designed, and doesn’t cause a problem.

For the money, I couldnt find better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nordic shed owner reviews photos’ is closed to new replies.