Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Nobsound
  • jam-bo

I need a small bluetooth amp to drive a set of bookshelf speakers. (arcam muso’s).

don’t want to spend big money. £50ish

has anyone tried any of the nobsound or similar amps that are available on amazon.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Well thought of brand.

sparksmcguff

Entered thread thinking this might be a rant about North East radio legends Northsounds. Exits with no helpful advice to the op.

Klunk
    Free Member

bought a similar cheapish mini amp off fleabay and it’s been great, the only issue i have with it is the lack of a headphone socket.

avdave2

I’ve bought one recently and it does what I want. I had a pair of JBL Control 1’s sitting at work doing nothing so I thought I’d put them to use. It works well for an pretty large room, certainly never run it anywhere near full volume

Rio

There’s a 600 page thread on these TPA3116-based amps on diyaudio. The TL;DR is that they’re much better than they’ve any right to be and they’re mainly limited by what power supply you use. I have a couple of them, one’s currently driving a set of Monitor Audio Radius speakers and a subwoofer using an old printer power supply, which works fine.

the only issue i have with it is the lack of a headphone socket.

Running headphones off a class D amp with balanced outputs is always going to be a challenge! As is feeding a powered sub, as it turns out…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got one for the car.

The frequency response/EQ is far from flat, and the sound quality is only OK. I can tweek the EQ on my phone, but it’s still not the same as listening to it via a hifi. So it depends.

For £10-£15 though, it connects to my phone and makes noise which is about what I’d expect.

It also benefits from a 24V power supply as it can’t boost it so P=(V^2)/R, so 24v is 16x more power than the 6v it says is the minimum.

the-muffin-man

I have one of these plugged into my Mac at work – currently driving a pair of Wharefdale Diamond 220’s. Just does the job, small, cheap and sounds fine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sixtoes

I have a Nobsound NS-01G Pro driving a pair of Mission 702e from a Chromecast Audio source. My ears aren’t what they were, but it sounds pretty good to me – certainly better than you would expect for the money.

nedrapier

I’ve got a nobsound “Little Bear” 4 x input selector attached to my Lepai amp. bluetooth tunes, telly sounds, laptop for Teams meetings with quiet people. and a quick push button to mute. Like it. No bigger than it needs to be, nothing in there that doesn’t need to be in there. just works. I’d have one of their amps if I didn’t already have the Lepai.

sixtoes

A couple of other things worth mentioning.

The power-on sound and source announcement (it plays a little tune and then says ‘A-U-X mode’) is a bit irritating but only lasts about 4 seconds.

As thisisnot a spoon says, it does sound a bit better running off 24v. But it does work fine at lower voltages.

I had to resolder the input jack socket back on after a year or so, but the way I had it setup there was some weight on the plug, so not that surprising.

I’d buy another.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I have one labelled Douk Audio, but it came in a Nobsound box so I guess they’re the same. It’s excellent – paired up with some ancient Wharfdales. Only annoyance is there’s no way to disable the bluetooth, and bluetooth overrides the Audio In line which is sometimes annoying. Nice to have the wireless option though.

Neb

I bought one of these – https://banggood.onelink.me/zMT7/193ed733

And it’s been great in my garage with some bookshelf speakers. It’s a bit more refined compared the simpler nobsound amp in the way it handles multiple inputs. Sound quality is great.

mjsmke

Mines never really made a sound. But then it’s usually in my trousers.

simian
    Free Member

I was recommended one of these; Linky

It’s in the garage running a set of bookshelf speakers and is run off an old laptop power supply. really, really impressed me.

Flaperon

I bought my dad one of their valve pre-amps as a Christmas gift. It’s very impressive for the money.

dirkpitt74

These look pretty good – need something in my office for my turntable.
    What PSU’s are people using?

mattyfez

I’d quite like a compact amp to power my speakers and a line level out for an active sub, does such a thing (that is decent sound) exist?

It’s to replace a full size AV receiver/combo amp, so would need:

Stereo line in (3.5 or RCA)
    Speaker out (L+R)
    And line out for the active sub.
    It would aslo need an onboard adjustable crossover for the sub line out

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Nobsound’ is closed to new replies.