• This topic has 20 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by poah.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Noah and Theo Brake Pads.
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone else tried brake pads from Noah and Theo?

Fitted some semi metallic today in a Cura 4 brake.
    Bedded them in as normal at home and thought they’ve not got much power.
    Went over the Golfie and thought I’ll do a nice mellow trail to give them chance to bed in a bit more.
    Half way down the trail they just stopped working. Lever felt normal but the pads wouldn’t grip the rotor enough to even slow me down. No howling like over heated glazed pads just didn’t work.
    Let them cool down a little and doused them in water and they started to work again.
    By the time I got to the bottom of the trail they had stopped working again.
    Put the original pads back in as they still had a couple of runs left in them and the brake was perfect again.

Absolute **** garbage.
    Anyone else had better luck with them?

ajantom

Ran some semi-metallic ones in my Hope X2s and they were fine, but did wear out pretty quickly, so seemed like a false economy.

TBH, I suspect most of the online resellers – N&T, Discobrakes, Superstar, etc, etc. buy their pads from the same Chinese wholesalers.

singlespeedstu

I’ve used Superstar and Uberbike before and not been that impressed but these were a whole new level of shite.
    Unfortunately there don’t seem to be many options for Cura 4 brakes.

kayak23

I’ve used them for quite a while.
    Not had any issues.

pimpingimp
    Free Member

I’ve used them for years, and currently have their rotors on my bike too. Never any issues

poah
    Free Member

use the ceramic ones. Won’t use semi-metallic or sintered in any brake though.

damascus
    Free Member

Might be a bad batch? Contact seller for a refund/replacement

v7fmp

had a couple of sets for my Status (Sram brakes) and they seem to be fine.

I like the fact they turn up in minimal packaging too.

For the price, i cant complain!

jmmtb

Been using their semi-metallics for a couple of years now in all four of our bikes (both two and four pot calipers) with no problems, plenty of bite and last very well. Sounds like you maybe got some from a bad batch, or they got contaminated somehow?

singlespeedstu

Not contaminated by me. Rotor and brake clean before fitting.
    Have contacted them to see what they say.
    I suspect that because I bought them in April as spares and didn’t fit them until yesterday they won’t do anything though.
    Also have some of their sintered pads which I’ve just fitted.
    Bedding them in up and down the road they don’t feel great either…
    Will try them on this afternoons ride before making a judgement though.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I had some – the pad fell away from the backing going down Ben Lawers. Noah and Theo didn’t respond to my email and I never got a refund. Another shite reseller of badly made imported junk in the Superstar vein.

hooli

I use them and have no issue, been quite impressed with their ceramic ones recently.

el_boufador

I had some. Pad fell off backing.

hillsplease

Had some on the gravel bike. Poor. To the point where despite 2 bleeds, clean everything , proper bedding in – the front wheel could be pushed round with brake full on.

LBS went ‘these are bobbins’ popped some Shimano resin ones in and problem stopped. brakes all good.

In the interests of balance ran some on the rear and they stopped – but did not inspire confidence.

Used Superstar and Uberbike without issue and been running disc brakes (on various kit) from 1999.

Mebbe I had some duff ones, but I won’t be going there again.

weeksy

Had loads and loads…. no issues at all.

singlespeedstu

Just had a reply from them.
    There going to refund me…
    Should have just stumped up for genuine pads.

damascus
    Free Member

There going to refund me…

I wonder if they’ve got a Google alert and saw this thread or if they are just good at customer service?

singlespeedstu

I think they just know their pads are a bit shit and it’s easier to refund than make excuses for them.
    Just to be clear I didn’t ask for a refund just told them how they performed and asked where we went from there.

endomick
    Free Member

Give gorilla brakes a try, 60 day warranty and money back guarantee.

singlespeedstu

Thanks Mick.
    But I think i’ll stick to either original pads or Galfa/Trickstuff if i can get them.

poah
    Free Member

Well my ceramics were great with me mincing and dragging my brakes down the DH and top chief at FW today.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Noah and Theo Brake Pads.’ is closed to new replies.