Home Forums Bike Forum No more ITV Tour de France coverage

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • No more ITV Tour de France coverage
  • cookeaa

Like politicians not knowing the price of milk or bread, not knowing you’re paying for eurosport via some TV package is unforgivably Bougie!

Perhaps, but I get it included with Virgin, others seem to get it with Sky, I’m surprised it’s not available down towards the bottom of the Freeview channels (honestly not looked).

Of course if all people want are the days highlights for the TDF there’s always YouTube…

vlad_the_invader

Arse. Not happy with the dropping of the ITV4 highlight package.

I wonder whether Pete Kennaugh had advance knowledge of this as he announced he wouldn’t be part of the ITV4 team next year anyway, and has been a bit vague of why/what he’s doing instead…. (*Wink*)

ultrasound
    Free Member

The Bardet/on a ragga tip outro will never be betterred.

ampthill

FYI the tour de it’s the biggest annual sporting event in the world by live spectators and tv viewers. The Olympics and World cup are bigger but not annual

This. ITV4’s highlights show was a highlight (sorry…) in itself, it wasn’t just the last 30km of the race replayed. It had history, geology, scenery and architecture, behind-the-scenes racing news, interviews, race analysis…

I watched one stage on itv 4 last tour. I think i was at my dads. I was surprised how little cycling the hour contained. I think we spent a lot of time looking at a macaron shop. Having grown up with the itv and channel 4 coverage i was a but disappointed. Ned and David are still the best commentary team though. I do of course mourn the passing of more free to air cycling

If you do end up, like me, on Discovery + here is a tip. Watch the live show with chat. If you press the up arrow on your remote you can jump to attacks, accidents, sprints, cols, interviews and the last 20km. Thus making your own highlight show

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.