• This topic has 28 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • No more Howies rants?
  • johnny_met
    Free Member

They’re doing a ‘you ask we answer’ on the guardian website (http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/ethicallivingblog/2009/apr/20/organics-fashion). Fair play to them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

“We believe that tea should always be made in a pot”

Does this kind of thing send anyone else into a homicidal rage?

BoardinBob

I see their stuff is now popping up in TK Maxx 😯

andywhit
    Free Member

Has done for years

Haze

Does this kind of thing send anyone else into a homicidal rage?

Nope.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Holier than thou is wearing a bit thin but some of it’s ok. Still so damn expensive though.

backhander
    Free Member

I know this is against the tide, but I quite like Howies stuff. Granted, I always wait for the sale because most of it is too expensive, but I relate to the idea of trying to leave a small footprint and not be wasteful with our resources. But I agree, some of the advertising slogans are cringey. What I really really dislike is they’re in the **** Guardian! I **** hate the **** Guardian.

noteeth
    Free Member

Has STW Howies ranting been outsourced?

hora
    Free Member

Hi, yes I am Roland from Poland. Iz Howies za Devilas Spawns?

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL at noteeth.

Any business that tries to be ethical will get flack, it’s the marketing BS That makes me homicidal

bassspine
    Free Member

backhander: I’m with you.

The original idea of Howies is good. The quality of the gear is good, well the few items I’ve been able to afford are superb.

(The first thing of theirs I got was a tee from TKMaxxX)

nickc

They jumped the shark with woolly bobble hats and scarves knitted by welsh grannies at £80 for the pair…

I’ve outsourced my rage…press 1 for mild irritation, press 2 for quite cross…

hora
    Free Member

Check out the marketing BS on the Gadget show now. 1.6k ‘eco’ flatscreen TV’s that save you £30 a year over standard. WTF. People and money, seperated from each other since 0BC.

Leave the Guardian alone. As soon as Guardian readers have children they suddenly become concerned about the environment, the future of the world (only for their children) and education (again only relating to their children). Card-waving hypocrites who visit three shows a year and then snort coke and talk BS abour Art, style and education of course.

hora
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

hora, I usually have a good old giggle with you on your posts, but that bit about the Guardian…now I’m just laughing at you.

hora
    Free Member

DD, I know someone who works at the Guardian who fulfills the above (I deleted the post above out of respect for them).

hora
    Free Member

I read the Observer every Sunday 😥 😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well then you’re an Observerista then!! Or as we call them here in Thought Police Central – “Weekend Guardianistas” 😆

hora
    Free Member

Its actually an interesting read cover to cover as well unlike the Times where you start off by chucking huge swathes into a seperate (non-read) pile… (sobs into hanky)

vinnyeh

DD, I know someone who works at the Guardian who fulfills the above (I deleted the post above out of respect for them).

Hora, that makes them a journalist, or some other sort of newspaper worker, not a reader. Those folks have no morals- one minute they’re at the Guardian or Indy talking about the threat to the planet from global warming, the next they’ve found a higher calling at the Mail and are ranting about the threat to this country from Polish builders and extended opening hours- or vice versa

backhander
    Free Member

Guardianistas- cull the lefty, politically correct lot.
    Hora, you’re spot on.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Article “We sold our dream to Timberland” by Howies ex-owners

[/url]

noteeth
    Free Member
    xherbivorex
    Free Member

hora, you really hate me, don’t you?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I read the Guardian and don’t fit your sterotype in any way. read it for 30 yrs.

BillMC

35yrs here. Guardian and the FT produce the best journalism, I imagine Mail readers just don’t get it.

djglover
    Free Member

I like their t-shirts. Not sure where else to find plain cotton t-shirts that fit that well and the cotton is good quality?

PS HORA, do you want them forks or not!

darkeneddreams
    Free Member

Bloody hell, they’ll do anything to get some business but is it really that bad?

I’m not paying £25 for a cotton tee.

So when are they gona stop doing there ethical bit?

Though maybe I’d ask, Are there clothing made in china, and if so, why are they still so bloody expensive?

How about for each piece of clothing made, give a pound back to the person who actually sewed it.

That would stitch them up

hora
    Free Member

vinnyeh that person is like the mothership, embodies all that is the Guardian. Your allowed an opinion but it must be his/her own and be liberal in every way. Everyone (quietly) giggles how much I wind him/her up 😆

DJ someone who was buying my wheel/frame isnt buying it anymore so I have to offload first- I was hoping to get them out of the way first. Sorry for the lack of communication. 🙁

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘No more Howies rants?’ is closed to new replies.