Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • No 2014 CX World Champs thread? Spoiler Alert
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Possibly the most exciting bike race I’ve ever seen.

endurancenut
    Free Member

It doesn’t get much better. The old master versus the young (‘ish) pretender. Full of action, lots of crashes, and attack after atack.

Shame the women’s race was such a walk-over. Podium place for Whyman though. Definitely highlight of her career – so far.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is there video any where?

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

what a Race, with 2 laps to go, I sai it be down to who makes the lest mistakes. great racing, Ian field got 29th.

Thought GB team did well this year in all cats, but top marks go to the woman for 3rd and 5th
    It was also great to watch them all race at the Nat champs at Derby.

And the best news is that there is a UCI world cup CX race at Milton this year I believe the date is 29/11!

The race prob be up on you tube soon or UCI youtube channel.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Made for great viewing, so exciting

tang
    Free Member

The whole weekend was loaded with some great racing and riding master classes. Today’s men’s was a absolute classic, had me on the edge of my seat.

40mpg

Is there video any where?

All on the UCI Youtube channel – some very good coverage of all the races 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Put me off having a go at CX racing, looks flipping hard. Helluvva race though

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Great Race.CX is hard great sport though.

atlaz
    Free Member

I think Sven has to be a bit grateful that Stybar is only racing cross when he doesn’t have clashing road commitments, it’d make is life a lot harder. My favourite Stybar moment is from the Eneco tour last year when he bunny hopped onto a footpath to get a better line out of the corner. apparently it cause a rule clarification from the UCI about riders being out of bounds…

JCL
    Free Member

Stybar didn’t win it, Nijs lost it.

barrykellett
    Free Member

JCL – Member
    Stybar didn’t win it, Nijs lost it.

Don’t buy that at all, Nys attacked hard when Stybar crashed late on the second last lap and he managed to close it down again, he was already going for it when Nys then slipped at the fence and if it had have come down to a 1 on 1 sprint it’s hard to look past Stybar in that situation

benji
    Free Member

Some great racing in all classes. Pleased to see Stybar win, and very nice to see brands like Specialized, Trek and Giant doing decent cross bikes, which are brands that are easy to obtain without needing a wallet the size of a third world country.

JCL
    Free Member

Don’t buy that at all, Nys attacked hard when Stybar crashed late on the second last lap and he managed to close it down again, he was already going for it when Nys then slipped at the fence and if it had have come down to a 1 on 1 sprint it’s hard to look past Stybar in that situation

When Stybar crashed Sven couldn’t capitalise because Stybar was lying in the middle of the trail. When Sven crashed Stybar was able to just close up. Then on the last climb Sven was riding and Stybar got off and backed him up and forced him to dismount. If Sven hadn’t have let Stybar go past on the wooden ramp to lead into the final section I’m convinced Sven would have won.

Marge
    Free Member

Stybar was super strong – just as he was described in the pre-race statements from the guys who were training in Mallorca.

Nys rode well and certainly had Stybar on the ropes until he dropped his bike taking the fence hairpin. Great last lap though from Stybar – hard to say if it was fatigue or pressure that got to Sven…

Sad that we won’t get to see the World Champions jersey so much next season but there can be no doubt that Stybar is a class act.
    Hope he can be at the front again for Paris Roubaix.

Here in Belgium there are some upset people (mainly Nys fans I guess) who are saying its unfair that Stybar only rides a limited cross season but I’m not buying that.
    Anyway – Stybar is practically Flemish anyway. Lives here, speaks Flemish, Flemish gf, Flemish pro-tour team. (Our version of Chris Froome?) 😉

barrykellett
    Free Member

JCL – Member
    Then on the last climb Sven was riding and Stybar got off and backed him up and forced him to dismount.

Nys has pulled that trick more times than I can remember.
    He can have no arguments with that.

Here in Belgium there are some upset people (mainly Nys fans I guess) who are saying its unfair that Stybar only rides a limited cross season but I’m not buying that.

I totally agree with this, The best man won on the day. Attacked from the start right through to the finish. I do like Stybar. But I also like Nys and liked to see him congratulate Stybar afterwards. Mark of a real champion even if he didnt win yesterday.

OCB
    Free Member

That was great …

Hmm, What (SS) CX bike to start racing next season on?
    😉

bigdawg
    Free Member

aherm…

What about the woman’s race – two british riders in the top 5…

notmyrealname
    Free Member

aherm…

What about the woman’s race – two british riders in the top 5…

I thought the women’s race was the best of the weekend, It was a masterclass in CX riding from Vos.
    Helen Wyman deserved the third place, she rode really well as she has all season in the races I’ve seen. Nikki Harris getting fifth was a great result too, just a shame that you hardly saw her in the coverage as they were concentrating on the top two or three.

I had to chuckle at the guys on Saturday pulling around a stuffed fox on a skateboard, very strange!

I’m really looking forward to the race at MK later this year. I’d never have thought that you’d be able to watch a couple of stages of the tour and a World Cup CX race live in the UK, especially not in the same year 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Vos means Fox in Dutch

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Vos means Fox in Dutch

That’ll explain it then!

tom200

I wish they wouldn’t put a picture of either the podium or the winner crossing the line as the screen in the feed for the re-run! Make it rather difficult to avoid spoiling it.

@Atlaz loving the moves there!

techsmechs
    Free Member

During the men’s Elite race, some crazy Belgian was waving a lawn mower at the leaders….

Best race of the season, Eurosport needs to get at least the world cups if not the Soudal Classics and Super Prestige races on. ‘Cross is made for telly watching…!

Oh and for the weak amongst us who can’t believe they were going so fast!

’Cross Monsters

plop_pants
    Free Member

I love Belgium and have yet to meet a bad Flandrien, but to hear so much booing for Stybar and other non Belgians was shameful.
    I went to watch our local crosser, Ian Field, at the Koppenberg Cross and was ridiculed by some for cheering him on. Thought that was an isolated case but sadly not.

benji
    Free Member

Eurosport needs to get at least the world cups if not the Soudal Classics and Super Prestige races on. ‘Cross is made for telly watching…!

No, that way you have to pay, it’s on youtube for free, all of it, just get a computer linked to your telly.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘No 2014 CX World Champs thread? Spoiler Alert’ is closed to new replies.