Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • No contact from Spanish friends. Coronavirus worries.
  • MrSparkle

I have a couple of Catalan mates who live just outside Barcelona. We text each other pretty regularly. They were in lockdown but doing ok. Sent me a video on Monday 13th April and I’ve not heard anything from them since. I’ve sent loads of text messages and emailed but nothing back. This is very unusual and I’m
    worried. I don’t have any other way of contacting them so I don’t know what else to do. Any ideas?

ernielynch

Whilst it’s understandable to worry under the present situation I would suggest that you try to look at it in a more realistic way. COVID-19 doesn’t seem to hit people that quickly. It’s been 2 weeks since you’ve heard from them, if they had been both struck by COVID-19 it would have taken a while for them to reach the point where they would be no longer able to contact you. And they more than likely not progressed in an identical manner. Whatever the reason for lack of contact I would have thought that COVID-19 was very unlikely.

FB-ATB

Are you connected via Facebook, or if not try to find them on Facebook and try to message directly or other friends they have on FB?

bob_summers

Same household? With kids? Doesn’t surprise me they haven’t been in touch in that case. Lockdown has been brutal, keeping housebound kids either amused or working, while trying to do your own job.

If you’re really that worried, without trying to sound ghoulish, search the esquelas (obits) in their local paper. Deaths are usually announced the following day in Spain. But I’m sure it hasn’t come to that. If you want me to dig around, pm me their names and town.

MrSparkle

Thanks Bob. Will PM you tomorrow.

bob_summers

No prob fella or email Bob underscore summ at Hotmail dot com

Got friends in Girona so if you’re looking for cyclists then that might throw up a lead

devash
    Free Member

They’ve probably just lost the will to live. The lockdown has been brutal here and won’t be back to any shade of normality until after June apparently. That includes bike rides, which are banned unless you are riding to work.

spooky_b329

Transfer them a tenner (to bank account, not Paypal) with a ‘U OK FROM SPARKLE XX’ in the reference? If they send a tenner back with ‘NO INTERNETZ, HUGS XX’ they are good mates, if they only send a quid back, you’ve been had 🙂

Edit: Actually, send 10 x £1 transfers, more space for messages and they are more likely to see it on their statement

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

There is no point worrying about something out of your control.

They are either dead, alive, board of hearing from you, or erm something else.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘No contact from Spanish friends. Coronavirus worries.’ is closed to new replies.