• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by P20.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nicolai Axle/Bush Replacement Help/Guide
  • P20

Any guides for replacing the pivots on a Nicolai Helius CC? I’ve bought the tool and the relevant bushes/axles, but there’s no instructions. The bits online are all in German and it doesn’t seem to translate very well.
    So how do replace the seat stay/rocker axle/bush? What needs greasing/locktite? Cheers

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ll have a gander on my ome computer, I had the that bit of the manual translated for me by a German engineer when i had mine.

If I’ve still got it I’ll send it over to you.

Chainline
    Free Member

If Steve can’t find it I’m pretty sure I had something from Dipper @ Gravity sports.

Otherwise pop a post on the Nicolai forum on mtbr and you will get a raft of detailed advice. I’ve got something from when I did my mates.

P20

If you’ve got it, that would be brilliant

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I did the bushes on a Nicolai frame a while back, Its a bit of a faff, but I used a bit of threaded bar 8mm an assortment of deep sockets and a few strong washers the same diameter as the bush to press out the old one and push in the new one..

Ambrose

I’ve done it before, without the official tools. Its pretty easy. If you email me your phone number I’m happy enough to talk to you about it. Make sure that you have all the top hats, spacers, bushes and bearings needed beforehand.

http://2009.nicolai.net/manuals/index.html has what you need. I have a smattering of german, plus google translate.

P20

Gavgas, I tried that, but the washers and bar weren’t strong enough. I need a thicker bar!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nicolai Axle/Bush Replacement Help/Guide’ is closed to new replies.